Week 6

ironeagle2006

How nice was it to see the OSU Buckeyes get their Bitt handed to them by the Lowly Badgers last night. For me it was sweet for one reason the Illini exposed them as a weak team and then the Badgers Finished the Job. Looks like OSU will not be getting a shot at the BCS again because they can not win out in the Big 10.

reefraff

I wouldn't say the Badgers are lowly but I agree it's nice to see OSU wont be backing into another BCS championship game. I don't think the shakeup is done yet. It looks like USC is finally starting to play D, not sure Oregon is going to be able to handle them. If Oregon, Oklahoma and the SEC winner are all undefeated it's going to raise hell with the BSC system.

reefraff

Good lord someone must have paid off the officials in the broncos game. Now it's a penalty to hit a receiver who just caught the ball but is still in bounds, even if you lead with the shoulder. Not the only questionable call going denver's way.

meowzer

YIKES......on days like this, I am glad we have no neighbors.....Hubby is not at all happy with the Cowboys....or the officials right now

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///forum/thread/381243/week-6#post_3319834
How nice was it to see the OSU Buckeyes get their Bitt handed to them by the Lowly Badgers last night. For me it was sweet for one reason the Illini exposed them as a weak team and then the Badgers Finished the Job. Looks like OSU will not be getting a shot at the BCS again because they can not win out in the Big 10.
Pretty sweet....Like it was pretty sweet watching the SeaChickens beat the Bears in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/thread/381243/week-6#post_3319928
YIKES......on days like this, I am glad we have no neighbors.....Hubby is not at all happy with the Cowboys....or the officials right now

Wow, a Cowboy fan blaming something other than their own boneheaded team, imagine that.

deejeff442

they local guy here on the radio were comapring the rangers first loss to the cowboys.in the locker room.after the first loss the rangers were all over the reporter saying we let it go bad ,we are coming back and are going to play better.the cowboy locker room all the players were hiding in the shower.big buck losers.coach phillips said today they are going to start fining the players for penalties.come on are they babies or what?if they dont know their jobs bench them.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///forum/thread/381243/week-6#post_3320147
Pretty sweet....Like it was pretty sweet watching the SeaChickens beat the Bears in Chicago
Wow, a Cowboy fan blaming something other than their own boneheaded team, imagine that.
excuse me....but I said he was not happy with the Cowboys...OR...the officiating crew
guess I should have put percentages on that HUH......he was more unhappy with the boys...BUT....you have to admit the pickiness of the refs (not just on the Cowboys) is getting RIDICULOUS...this is a freakin contact sport already

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/381243/week-6#post_3320177
excuse me....but I said he was not happy with the Cowboys...OR...the officiating crew
guess I should have put percentages on that HUH......he was more unhappy with the boys...BUT....you have to admit the pickiness of the refs (not just on the Cowboys) is getting RIDICULOUS...this is a freakin contact sport already
Yeah right, so you would rather watch Trent Edwards vs. Kerry Collins than David Gerrard vs. Vince Young like last night......Better yet, how about Matt Painter vs. Brian Hoyer instead of Payton Manning vs Tom Brady....They need to protect the players. How many concussions were there this week? How many would you like there to be?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///forum/thread/381243/week-6#post_3320340
Yeah right, so you would rather watch Trent Edwards vs. Kerry Collins than David Gerrard vs. Vince Young like last night......Better yet, how about Matt Painter vs. Brian Hoyer instead of Payton Manning vs Tom Brady....They need to protect the players. How many concussions were there this week? How many would you like there to be?
you are carrying what I said WAYYYY to far.....I never said the players should not be protected....I said they are getting TOO picky.....you can't even be happy if you get a touchdown anymore.....AND YES....I belive there should be common sense limits to EXCESSIVE celebrating.....BUT....and I will leave it at that
pretty soon this is what we will be watching...but we better not pull the flag too hard

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/381243/week-6#post_3320345
you are carrying what I said WAYYYY to far.....I never said the players should not be protected....I said they are getting TOO picky.....you can't even be happy if you get a touchdown anymore.....AND YES....I belive there should be common sense limits to EXCESSIVE celebrating.....BUT....and I will leave it at that
pretty soon this is what we will be watching...but we better not pull the flag too hard

Believe me, I know I'm in the minority and most people are sick of all the pampering for QB's, but the game has changed. These guys are faster, stronger, bigger and hit harder. I would rather see all the great QB's, WR's, RB's and so on healthy enough to play as often as possible. Your never going to take all the injuries away and it is a violent sport, but I agree with the NFL trying to protect the players as much as possible.
As far as the celebration, as we say in golf...."It is the players responsibility to know the rules", that was an obvious breach of it, and they should have known it.

reefraff

I agree with the pampering the OB too much. Now it's spreading. In sunday's game Brandon Lloyd caught a pass. The defender hits him while he was still in bounds, on his feet, didn't lead with the helmet nor hit him in the head. 15 yard penalty. WTH? It football, not whiny wimpy baseball

deejeff442

alot of injuries and they are going to add 2 games to their schedule.greed thats all it is.the nfl dont care about the players except if they get hurt and cannot play people wont watch the backups.the nfl needs the big names for ratings.big names and 2 more games = $$$$$$$$$

reefraff

Adding more games just means that playoffs and Superbowl will have players even more tired and beat up. Bad move.

kjr_trig

Since this is kind of a College thread too, anybody watch the Quack Attack last night? Holy crap is that offense ever good!! UCLA had no chance of stopping them. I don't know if the Ducks are the best team in the country (though I suspect they are), but I know they are the most fun to watch.

ironeagle2006

After what Goodell wnat to do this week this is my new name for the NFL. The National Fairy League since he will not allow any hitting at all it seems. What is next he makes the Players wear Pink Oh I forgot they already do that. What is Next they come out in TUTU's for the Games.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///forum/thread/381243/week-6#post_3321404
After what Goodell wnat to do this week this is my new name for the NFL. The National Fairy League since he will not allow any hitting at all it seems. What is next he makes the Players wear Pink Oh I forgot they already do that. What is Next they come out in TUTU's for the Games.
LOL...see post 11....flag football

deejeff442

going to be just like boxing .nobody watches it anymore because they stop the fights if a boxer lands a combo and get a little blood.that is why ufc has by far taken over.these guys make more money in a year than we do in our lives and we are supposed to watch touch football?bad enough they call too many penalties and the refs are half blind and now no hitting.glad my team sucks so i dont have to watch it.

kjr_trig

Spare me...The NFL is the most popular sport and it's not even close...Goodell is a genius, or at least he is compared to the idiot running baseball.
Americans don't watch the NFL because it's violent.