Weird looking thing...

R

rcreations

Just saw this little guy on my rock. Actually it's not so little, it's almost as big as my red hermit. Anyone know what it is? It's the one in the middle of the first picture. Also what kind of anemone is the one in the second picture? Thanks!

M

markeo99

dunno about the first aptasia is the anemone bad reproduce like crazy peppermint shrimp eat em

R

rcreations

Thanks. How can I get rid of the aptasia anemone? The peppermint shrimp is out of the question because this is my lionfish tank, so it'll end up as dinner.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by RCreations
http:///forum/post/2610155
Thanks. How can I get rid of the aptasia anemone? The peppermint shrimp is out of the question because this is my lionfish tank, so it'll end up as dinner.
get some joes juice at the lfs and sqiurt it on the aptasia

renogaw

that doesn't look like a snail, does it have a shell or is it flat? if it is flat, it looks like a clam eating flatworm.

renogaw

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2610467
+1 with Ren. Looks like some type of mollusk, maybe a mussel. Does it move?

i'll only mention that i didn't say a mollusk, but a clam EATING flatworm--they generally are colorized like the mantle of one.

renogaw

erm, no, its not clearly a stomatella snail. I have stomatella snails, and i had polyclad flatworms. the picture looks like a polyclad to me.

R

rcreations

It has a small shell and even a little head that sticks out with antennas, moves pretty fast too (for a snail). I did a look up on stomatella and it looks exactly like that, except for the colors. This one is more green. But I have others in the tank, just like it with different colors, some brown, some black with white dots.
I do have these other things in the tank... white, look like little snails but without the shell, sort of split where the head is, kinda like slugs. They're really tiny and usually come out at night, on the glass.

R

rcreations

ok, got a good picture of one. Guess they come out during the day too. It moves too, like a snail but it has no visible shell.