Weird looking thing...

R

rcreations

Does it bother coral? I don't have any clams in this tank but I do have some zoas, mushrooms, ricordeas and leathers.

reefreak29

they dont eat them but if you have a lot they can smuther them and keep the light off of them( mostly mushrooms)
you really want to nip them in the butt

R

rcreations

Thanks. I will try to suck them up with a turkey baster when I see them.

R

rcreations

I was checking online and I see that a Sixline Wrasse would eat flat worms. Maybe I can add one to my tank, there's plenty of room, but I wonder if my Lionfish would eat the wrasse.

renogaw

you'd possibly have to train your 6line to eat them.
anything that can fit in your lion's mouth can become it's dinner...

R

rcreations

Yea, that's what I'm afraid of. One of my lions can definitely eat a 1-2" fish, if it wants. Maybe if I can find a sixline that's 3", I'll buy it.

bang guy

Originally Posted by RCreations
http:///forum/post/2610646
ok, got a good picture of one. Guess they come out during the day too. It moves too, like a snail but it has no visible shell.
This is a White Flatworm. They are harmless nocturnal Copepod hunters. Their population will stay limited because they excrete no poison (ie. fish food) and are dependent on the Copepod population.

reefreak29

yep thats true they are the harmless kind, they will go away when your pod population goes down. is your tank fairly new?

R

rcreations

The tank's about 3 months old so I doubt there are a whole lot of pods. There are some that come from my fuge and I even have some feather dusters and a small clam growing in the fuge.

tdmurdock

the wrasse will eat the aptasia as well. just be sure that you are not buying an expensive sea food meal for your lionfish. If you add some rock for the wrasse to hide, he will stay hidden because of the lionfish. If you remove some rock to another tank temporarily you should have a result in about a week or so... If the wrasse is still around. Great fish to have regardless.

gweezpie

stometella snail is accurate. Can you take that rock out with Aiptasia? If you try to nike it Joes juice you could make things alot worse. I think Anthony Calfo wrote great advice on this. Control you nutirents and you can keep them in check. If you cut it or nuke it they could spread all over the place which is why I recommend rock remove.
Otherwise look and berghia but they will start when it it gone because it is all they eat.