Well, I did it!!

luvmyreef

Thanks...I am very happy with the purchase! And so excited to finally be able to add a couple tangs that I have always wanted. I will be taking my time on this build.

extinct 1ne

Originally Posted by luvmyreef
http:///forum/post/3290247
Thanks...I am very happy with the purchase! And so excited to finally be able to add a couple tangs that I have always wanted. I will be taking my time on this build.

I am going to see how this one develops. I may get a 180 in the future and convert my 55 into a refugium for it.

luvmyreef

Originally Posted by Extinct 1ne
http:///forum/post/3290397
I am going to see how this one develops. I may get a 180 in the future and convert my 55 into a refugium for it.
I am not sure a 55 will fit and allow you to have room to work on it. I think a 40g would be better. I havent done the measurements to be sure though.

luvmyreef

Ok as for the lights, what is everyones opinion on the ecoxotic panoramic led fixtures. It would be expensive, and I would need three of the fixtures to cover the tank, but in the long run would be worth it. I know nothing about the new leds that are out. Would this be enough to support corals in a 180g? And I was wrong on the dimensions on this tank earlier. It is actually 72 1/2 L x 24 1/2 W x 25 5/8 H.

luvmyreef

Well, with a lot of research, and help from NikeSB(thanks alot) I have decided on the 72in. Icecap Reef Illuminations fixture. It will have 3-250w HQI, 2 ho t-5's and tube leds. All on seperate cords for timing. Finally.....a decision made...

meowzer

Looks nice...one question though....It says it has INTERNAL MH and T5 ballasts?????? I thought it was best to look for external ballasts???????

luvmyreef

I dont know much about MH, thats why I posted questions with no answers. NikeSb has actually seen this fixture. It is a relatively new fixture. Havent seen any negative reviews. Looks like a nice one. I have looked and looked at different fixtures and pendants.....