Wet/Dry and sump layout. Squidd or others!

masala4080

I actually havnt started it yet. Still need to get pretty much all of it besides the sump tank. In a few weeks ill do a DIY so look for it. I am hoping it will turn out great, and I wont have to make any mods. for it. Here is the final layout that im gunna be doing..

dmc888

Maybe it would be better just to make a complete setup from one large tank.
Because you are only using the wetdry for the bioballs.
Which can be made or just the bioball box container can be bought off ----.
Plus the your refugium area would only be 7-10g in size.
If you would use your one large tank with the same design you will have alot more water volume and more refugium room.
Just get the largest tank that will fit . It would probably need to be put in during the assembly of the stand.
Just a thought.
I still like your design.
Not sure if you will have a problem with height though.

masala4080

I definitly thought of all my options.This is pretty much the only thing that will fit. Eventually I might get a CPR Large Aquaguge, but for now this will do. I am thinking about making the unused space in my wet dry a fuge as well. Something like this. It will increase the fuge size by a few gallons.

masala4080

ok...Heres an update. I caved in and am going with a 25, its 24Lx12Wx20H. I will get someone to drill in the tank so I dont have to raise the wet dry up so high. Heres what it will look like.

jgterrywv

I believe the skimmer should be before the fuge. You want the dirtiest water you have to be heading to the skimmer. Could you fit the skimmer in the wet/dry box?

masala4080

yes. I could. That might even be better for me, bigger fuge area! Something like this...
(sorry about all the pics. thats the only way I fully can understand something.)

masala4080

would that require a pump or anything? Plus I dont think my wet/dry will fit if its that high up. Dangit, this is hard!:mad:

masala4080

Come on squidd! Help me man! What do you think the best option would be. I only have 4'Lx18"Wx2'H to work with. Plus the PS needs about 2' so I can remove the collection cup. Whats your suggestions?:rolleyes:

squidd

Is that 48"X18"X24" the "actual" inside dimentions you can work with or is it smaller because of bracing and back/sides of stand??

masala4080

Its not actual, but not a lot smaller. I am trying to use this setup because the parents dont want me to have another "huge" tank. I already purchased the wet/dry, so I have to use it. There must be something that I can do. (I hope)

dmc888

This was what i was thinking. But it all depends if you have the height.
Don't laugh at my drawing:D .

masala4080

thats what I was thinking too...but, heres the problem. The wet/dry is 18" high...The water level of where the wet/dry should be is about 6 inches. That means, im out of hight, and the water level in the sump/fuge, will only be 6 inches high. Leaving a total of 14" of hight in the Sump/fuge tank that is unused.
Thats why I have NO idea what to do.

dmc888

Actually it would be a little less . Need room for servicing it,
I don't think it is necessary to have it at the line exactly.
I have got lazy a couple of time and poured an extra gallon or two and raised it about two-three inches.
I am sure it will hold the extra water, but do not know if will effect the b balls.
If they are still effective underwater then i think it should be fine.
Otherwise you can raise the eggcrate and lose half of the bio balls and raise the line by almost double.

dmc888

So it would look like this with the water line passed.
You might have to take some b balls out , just raise the eggcrate.

dmc888

So it would add another 4-5 inches in height.
Bringing the 14 to 18 which would work out great for the 20 inch height.