What are these?

meowzer

I have plain brown paly's, BUT these seem like a different type....they are kinda sparkly....can anyone tell me what they are called? ALSO can you tell me if that is Kenya or Colt? I have A LOT of Kenya, and it looks different

bang guy

The coral on the left look like Capnella sp., the polyps will always be simply Protopalythoa sp. to me. On the right I always have difficulty between Nepthea sp. and Cladiella sp.

gemmy

I had some polyps like that (still might it was a small frag that got knocked off a rock and I couldn't reach it). I agree with Bang that they are simply Protopalythoa sp. to me as well. The rest I don't know, never had them and never researched them.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///forum/thread/384050/what-are-these#post_3363185
The coral on the left look like Capnella sp., the polyps will always be simply Protopalythoa sp. to me. On the right I always have difficulty between Nepthea sp. and Cladiella sp.
Thanks......just wanted to make sure.....I have Kenya all over my other tanks, and this looked different
as far as the palythoa....I was not sure if there were different varieties

S

smartorl

I'll make up a name for them, lol. I have the same ones, they look like a seagull pooped on them!