what are these???

cubnb79

lol yea drinks are a must...meowzer just to give you little back ground on my tank...its 7 months and running have had same fish in there for almost 3 months now few rocks have tons of feather dusters on them and recently noticed some sponges growing couple other things that i have taken pics of to get id...i have no cuc...i havent always dug into sand/crushed coral to clean but most of the time i do...but if i should NEVER get in the sand that's what i need to know since i've been having spikes in nitrate clear upto 125ppm before i wc. fyi got a skimmer the other day but was missing a part so hopefully i get that tomorrow...also im feeding flakes most the time and sometimes pellets...once every couple weeks brime shrimp (frozen)

cubnb79

really never was told by either of my dumb lfs anything about it...i figured i was the cuc, well that's before i got on here and was like yup doing that wrong and yup doing that wrong etc...i just got one of those magnet floats and a tooth brush for spots i cant get to with that...clean the glass few hours before wc but its not really that bad...but that's just glass and me digging in sand while wc but looks like i should stop doing that

cubnb79

lol thx yea since i've been on here i was thinking of getting few turbo snails but kinda worried how they would do with the recent nitrate spikes im getting

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubnb79 http:///forum/thread/387085/what-are-these/60#post_3405082
lol thx yea since i've been on here i was thinking of getting few turbo snails but kinda worried how they would do with the recent nitrate spikes im getting
do you have sand? If so..get some nassarius, astrea (or trochus) nerites, ceriths and a turbo or 2...I forget how big your tank is..LOL...getting late

cubnb79

lol yea after a late night last night im winding down myself and a day of recovering...tank is 55g and by now i roughly have 30 lbs of sand and 25ish lbs of crush coral

cubnb79

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/387085/what-are-these/60#post_3405083
do you have sand? If so..get some nassarius, astrea (or trochus) nerites, ceriths and a turbo or 2...I forget how big your tank is..LOL...getting late
i've added 2 of each for right now..but the ones with the long shells havent moved and only been in the tank for 1 hour and light just went out if that matters...
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98
http:///forum/thread/387085/what-are-these/60#post_3405313
even add a couple of hermits to the cuc mix.. I see that you've learned a lot, cubnb79!
havent decided to add hermits b/c dont know which ones yet that wont eat my snails lol...guess one step at a time

cubnb79

yea 2 of each snail...the ones that i said wasnt moving seemed to have at at least turned onto there bottom side since light has turned off...the others are all over the place...im ones of those people who watch and watch the tank esp. when something new is added

cubnb79

ok so i got those snails last night light came on this morning and there are a lot of tiny things (looks like small rice) crawling around on my glass...any ideas of what this new thing is??? like something new everyday

cubnb79

lol i was going to but dont think it was going to get a good enough pic because of how small these things was...in took my 20/20 vision to focus to see that they moved...at first i thought it was just some kind of sand that a couple snails kicked up...i do have one spot where im having sand tornadoes going on...maybe at the highest 2" i think its kinda cool