what are you buying for you bf/gf for xmas

nicky1.8t

what are you guys getting?
i need some help i dont know what to get my girl we have been together for a lil longer than a month and i cant come up with any thing good.

tangman99

Dude, don't you know that you never get a girlfriend that close to Christmas? You wait until after the holidays. Well, being you already screwed up, a nice piece of jewely and dinner at a nice resteraunt would be nice. One thing you don't want to do according to what I was told by my wife a few years ago. You don't buy them anything that plugs into a power outlet.

T

tizzo

Tangman, you are wise beyond your years!! And I don't care HOW old you are, lol.
Yup...Jewelery. Nice, but not to personal. It "appears" thoughtful, but there really is no thought whatsoever. But DON'T get a ring!! Women are nuts!! She'll nickname it a promise ring and then you'll be obligated for life!!
earings!! Nice. Or a diamond necklace pendant. Good luck!!

dvs

Nicky,
Get her a gift certificate to Lisa Marie's Salon & Day Spa. Its right in Bridgewater. On Pleassant St. I believe. They do everything there... manicures, pedicures, hair cuts, massages, facials. My friend went not too long ago and she loved it.
HTH,
Jen

lovethesea

Tangman, I am with tizzo! Very wise and ALL men should take that lesson. My hubby (been with him dating and marriage for 22 years) has NEVER given me anything that plugs in. (wisdom from his mother). The only exception I made one year was when I was dying for my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. My great greand kids will be using that someday.
Now, spas, jewelry, special resturants, short weekend away etc. is the way to go. :yes:

tony detroit

Ditto on the Spa day.
She can walk in on you with 3 girls, hand her the spa day card flyer and you're in the clear.
I got mine a digi-cam.

nicky1.8t

hmm sounds good i think i will go with a necklace or some earings. dvs lise marries is like 5 mins from my house.

wbilton

Originally posted by Bang Guy
My wife is getting a new kitchen sink & faucet for Christmas.

Nothing says love like plumming, Are you getting her any wrenches with that?

lovethesea

Originally posted by Bang Guy
My wife is getting a new kitchen sink & faucet for Christmas.

does she know about this?
:)
well, at least it doesn' plug in!! :D

jscarb2

I am getting my other half two ($100) gift certificates for cloths (that way i cant screw up) and an new camcorder so maybe I screwed up. but I think after you have been together a certain amount of time you can buy something that plugs in!:D she Is getting me another motorcycle! the catch is it has been wrecked,and i have to put it back together.
i think only a month into it. you should stick with something simple that she wont read to much into!

nc2tarheel

yea, i don't understand. You've been dating this girl for one month and your thinking of getting her a piece of jewelry?? Even if it is just a bracelet or earrings, i don't think i'd make that kinda jump for being a couple for 30 days.... JMO

T

tizzo

NC2Tarheel, after a few months men forget about jewelery all together, so the best time for it is now.:)
jscarb2, Just be sure not to get the..."You should KNOW what I want, I've been telling you for months.:rolleyes: You can't remember a thing so you got me a gift certificate!! How impersonnel!!"
I would never say that, but my mom makes that complaint every year because my dad keeps buying her gift certs. (Personally, I think he's in a lose/lose situation! LOL)
Bang Guy, I REALLY
hope this is something she asked for because personally if I woke up Christmas morning, anxiously ran out to the tree and saw a kitchen sink, well we'd hafta "talk".

lovethesea

"talk and talk and talk and talk and........":eek:
just remind her that it does not plug in!

seriously though, I am sure she is informed. And picked it out.
And I do know how expensive plumbing fixtures are. Highway robbery actually.

bang guy

Originally posted by WBilton
Nothing says love like plumming, Are you getting her any wrenches with that?

LOL. Probably the real present is the comedy she'll experience while I install it.

A

autopilot

I got my fiance:
leather jacket from wilsons leather
bra, lotion and perfume from Victoria's Secret
roller coaster tycoon 3 for PC
AE sweater and winter hat
couple thongs
Still probably get a couple last min things

birdy

My husband got a 18v 7piece Dewalt cordless combo kit.
Some misc. VW stuff,
some games for his PDA
I made it very clear the he was not to get me anything practical or an appliance of any kind. I "think" he got me a small mp3 player to use when I work out and take the kids on walks, and I clean houses as a side job, I never asked for one, so good job on his part.
Auto pilot- I asked for Roller coaster tycoon3, I love those sim games.