What Came First...!?

treybom

This should be Fun! what came first?, the chicken or the egg and you HAVE TO EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING!!
***) ***) ***)

treybom

REMEMBER!! post your reasoning! i voted for the chicken coming first b/c im catholic and believe that god put 2 of every kind of animals on this earth while creating the world,,,,

darth tang

Before I vote and give my explanation, need to know if you mean a chicken egg. It is very important.
Darth (detail) Tang

kaholic

In nature, living things evolve through changes in their DNA. In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote -- the first cell of a new baby chicken. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. In any animal, every cell contains exactly the same DNA, and that DNA comes from the zygote.
Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken.
Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. So, the egg must have come first

mimzy

Originally Posted by treybom
REMEMBER!!
post your reasoning! i voted for the chicken coming first b/c im catholic and believe that god put 2 of every kind of animals on this earth while creating the world,,,,
I agree. And for the reccord, I'm Jewish

treybom

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
Before I vote and give my explanation, need to know if you mean a chicken egg. It is very important.
Darth (detail) Tang
yes.. a chicken egg

treybom

Originally Posted by HappyVac
The egg...a chicken is always an egg first.
but where does the egg come from?

treybom

Originally Posted by My Way
Chickens come from eggs, so the egg has to come first.
but eggs come from chickens...!?

thangbom

chiken came first..
chicken come from a mutation pool.. and he and she came first.. then they lay a egg.. ten sit on it.. ( i think the --- of chiken is determine by temp while they are sat on.. ) anyhow chiken came first.. but before chiken was a mutaion pool..
cuzz what happen if then was only 1 egg... and lets say the outdoor temp was enought for it to hatch.. what if only a male.. came out?? .. how would it have another egg.. or even if it was 2 eggs.. and the outdoor was enough for it too hatch.. since they both hatch in the same enviiornmoent.. they would come to be the same --- ( cuz like stated.. they are sexed via temp) anyhow.. it would only end up with 1 ---.. of the chicken species.. and thus cease to exist..

darth tang

Ok, since you have determined chicken egg, that makes it MUCH easier.
If you believe in creation, then you believe the chicken came first.
If you believe in evolution, you still have to believe the chicken came first, as what ever laid the egg the chicken came out of was not a chicken. Therefore the egg was not a chicken's egg but a reptile/bird evolutionary creature's egg. Therefore regardless, the chicken came first as we wouldn't have a chicken egg until we had a chicken if you follow the evolutionary ladder.
Darth (there is no room for debate as my logic is sound) Tang

celacanthr

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
Ok, since you have determined chicken egg, that makes it MUCH easier.
If you believe in creation, then you believe the chicken came first.
If you believe in evolution, you still have to believe the chicken came first, as what ever laid the egg the chicken came out of was not a chicken. Therefore the egg was not a chicken's egg but a reptile/bird evolutionary creature's egg. Therefore regardless, the chicken came first as we wouldn't have a chicken egg until we had a chicken if you follow the evolutionary ladder.
Darth (there is no room for debate as my logic is sound) Tang
If you believe in evolution...
Chicken's hatch, correct?
When a chicken hatches, they hatch from an egg, do they not?
Then the egg would be a chicken egg, would it not?
Darth is correct in that it would not be a chicken's egg. But a chicken egg, would come before the chicken.
CE(semantics)LA

ruaround

although Darths logic is sound...
it would depend on if the egg was male... it definitley would first 90% of the time... :hilarious
but, in reality there once was a chickenoid that evolved into the chicken as we know it, therefore the chicken...

speg

Chicken came first. I believe in God and im sure God didnt throw out a bunch of eggs and little baby animals when he created everything.. God would have created full grown animals so he didnt have to make sure they survived.... he just didnt have that kind of time on his hands.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by kaholic
In nature, living things evolve through changes in their DNA. In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote -- the first cell of a new baby chicken. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. In any animal, every cell contains exactly the same DNA, and that DNA comes from the zygote.
Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken.
Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. So, the egg must have come first
I love the theory of evolution
As Darth said, either way the chicken came first...

thangbom

umm so it''s settled?? i win?? chicken first!!!! cuzz if soo.. man that was easy... bet it was a buch of guys argueing.. cuzz if it was femal.. i would never win...