What Came First...!?

treybom

Originally Posted by Emperor11
I agree with ya Treybom.....the chicken came first.
emperor did u get my email?

coachklm

dont forget that a doberman pincer dog is now considered a purebred....(what does this have to do with chickens?)a doberman is actually a mutt..mixed dogs bred together to form a single type. therefore you take one egg laying creature of unknown type and breed with another creature of unknown type and then you have your doberman(chicken)
soo. in all reality the egg came before the true chicken as an offbreed of two unknown species.

celacanthr

Originally Posted by treybom
yes.. a chicken egg
See, treybom said "chicken egg", NOT "chicken's egg". In the phrase "chicken's egg", "chicken's" shows possession of the "egg". In the phrase "chicken egg" "chicken" is describing
"egg". It is explaining what kind of "egg".
CE(why am I failing Linguistics?)LA

celacanthr

Originally Posted by coachKLM
dont forget that a doberman pincer dog is now considered a purebred....(what does this have to do with chickens?)a doberman is actually a mutt..mixed dogs bred together to form a single type. therefore you take one egg laying creature of unknown type and breed with another creature of unknown type and then you have your doberman(chicken)
soo. in all reality the egg came before the true chicken as an offbreed of two unknown species.
I am not sure what you are trying to say, but FWIW, Canis familiaris, and Canis lupus
are genetically identical, and it is often discussed that they shouldn't be seperated on the level of species, but be seperated on the sub-species level
CE(Purebred is just a term given by dog societies)LA

coachklm

was it just really that difficult to say dogs and wolves??
you made me look that up dangit...but that has nothin to do with what io was trying to say unless........in the long run you take it to say that wolves and dogs have mated and over genetics prodiuced a mild tempered domesticated dog

coachklm

chicken + chicken = chicken ---now
egg layer + flying bird or something = chicken ----then
doberman + doberman = doberman ----now
a whole bunch of dog types + whole bunch more = doberman ----then

coachklm

uhhhhh ohhhh ... i just thought about this......
what if a "chicken" was an genetic mutation of a livebearing species????
therefore the egg was dismissed..
so in reality terms we'll never know

celacanthr

Originally Posted by coachKLM
chicken + chicken = chicken ---now
egg layer + flying bird or something = chicken ----then
doberman + doberman = doberman ----now
a whole bunch of dog types + whole bunch more = doberman ----then
I think you are forgetting one tiny piece of the equation....
egg layer + flying bird or something = chicken egg
chicken egg + heat + time = chicken
CE(YES! It is very hard for me to type wolve, and dog!
)LA

coachklm

i tringto figure out what peice i'm missing your saying heat and time are a factor for what part of the equation?

celacanthr

I was saying that you forgot about that IF the parents of the chicken were an egg layer,t hen there would be an egg involved in the equation, thus making the chicken egg come first.
For an egg to ecome a chicken it needs heat and time...
CE(more caffeine)LA

coachklm

were discussing the same outcome i believe --egg comes first
--Coach(too early for this conversation)KLM

treybom

Originally Posted by Emperor11
...Tbom...thats the whole point to this thread!

lol thats why i started it!

emperor11

WOW...okay. I was just wondering because you said,"there will probably be no definete answer....LOL. Nevermind...

petieaztec

the egg came first because the first land animals came from eggs. then the chicken some ??????? years later came to roam the planet. therefore i declare the egg came first.

celacanthr

Originally Posted by petieaztec
the egg came first because the first land animals came from eggs. then the chicken some ??????? years later came to roam the planet. therefore i declare the egg came first.
now we know for sure that it is the egg!