What do you do for a living?

tx reef

Originally Posted by Birdy
Well my career was a zookeeper, then I became a SAHM when a suprise pregnancy turned out to be twins, I now own a Saltwater aquarium maintenance Business and my husband is Project manager for a Construction company (our main income) and he builds aquarium stands and custom build-ins as a side job.
I am a Project Manager/Estimator (mainly Estimator) at an earthwork construction company in Temple, Texas (check out my homepage).
I use AutoCAD and Agtek Earthwork 3D to get quanitities of dirt we have to move and then I price the job.
The biggest one I have done was worth $650,000, but the biggest job we have going on right now is about $6,000,000.
I really like what I do and in my opinion that is what really matters.
If you hate your job, life is really going to suck.
By the way, my wife is a full time student and has a full time job. She wants to quit work and just go to school, but how will I fund my addiction if she doesn't work?

threed240

Originally Posted by TX Reef
I use AutoCAD and Agtek Earthwork 3D to get quanitities of dirt we have to move and then I price the job.
?
A fellow Autocad-er. I use Autocad all day long designing, and detailing steel structures for buildings. We draw all the CVS Pharmacies in the south east. As well as countless other buildings all over the southeast. The company I work for also fab's and erects the structures too.

tx reef

Originally Posted by Threed240
A fellow Autocad-er. I use Autocad all day long designing, and detailing steel structures for buildings. We draw all the CVS Pharmacies in the south east. As well as countless other buildings all over the southeast. The company I work for also fab's and erects the structures too.

We did the dirt work for a CVS they put in Temple where I live about 8 months ago.
I use AutoCAD 2006 and Land Development.
I have AutoCAD 2000i on my home computer.
It's really helpful for drawing out home projects (like canopies and stands).
I mainly use Agtek Earthwork and Materials 3D and HCSS Heavy Bid and Heavy Job, but I am well versed in AutoCAD/Land Development.
I worked for a Civil Engineer for about 2 years.

dual45s

TV Graphic Artist for AccuWeather. So if your local news station uses AccuWeather and you see a non-moving map behind the meteorologist, it's probably mine. (Mainly New England but sprinkled throughout the country.) Example from a while ago.

threed240

Originally Posted by TX Reef
We did the dirt work for a CVS they put in Temple where I live about 8 months ago.
I use AutoCAD 2006 and Land Development.
I have AutoCAD 2000i on my home computer.
It's really helpful for drawing out home projects (like canopies and stands).
I mainly use Agtek Earthwork and Materials 3D and HCSS Heavy Bid and Heavy Job, but I am well versed in AutoCAD/Land Development.
I worked for a Civil Engineer for about 2 years.
We use 2004 mainly. Just upgraded from 2000i. It is great! I used it to design my stand and sump for my new 55gal. It's nice to have most of your dimensions before you make the first cut.

engine10ff

I'm a firefighter/emt 9 days a month.
I have a part time screen printing/ embroidery biz on my days off from SFD.
Oh and little league prez, field maintainer, concession stand worker, complaint dept etc etc.

travis89

I'm 16 and wash dishes at a restaurant. It's not much fun but I'm making money so it's good for now.

drewsta

Lets see 4 months ago I was a Store Manager for EB Games/Gamestop I quit there and worked for a Local SWF store. I recently got hired to be a manager at Radio Shack and am still in the process of opening my cafe

michelle l

I am a secretary in the Corporate Law department at the corporate headquarters of a large insurance company. I won't say who but they just sponsored Lightning McQueen.

pegandgrif

THE LAST 22 YEARS A MOM, NOW A MOM OF 2 MARINES. I AM ALSO AN EMPTYNESTER, AND TRYING TO COPE WITH THAT. :thinking: BUT FOR THE FINACIAL END OF LIFE I AM A MANAGER FOR A PET STORE HERE IN CHARLESTON S.C. HAVE BEEN WITH THE COMP. FOR OVER 5 YEARS. HOPE TO WIN THAT LOTTERY SOON, SO CAN OPEN MY OWN STORE. :happyfish

hummel

Originally Posted by Dual45s
TV Graphic Artist for AccuWeather. So if your local news station uses AccuWeather and you see a non-moving map behind the meteorologist, it's probably mine. (Mainly New England but sprinkled throughout the country.) Example from a while ago.

so your partly to blame when the report is wrong.......
we need to talk Just kidding
Nice work though what program do they use for thoes.
Anyway I guess while I'm busting b*lls I guess I should tell you what I do.
I've been working for a mercedes dealership for 7 years as a tech. So I'm to blame when you car is broke :hilarious. I took one year of arch. drafting design but gave up because everyone wanted 5 yrs exp. So for all you AutoCad designers I dabbled in it for a year. I may need to talk you one of you in the future as I would like to try to get back into it.
Mark

D

dusten

IT Administrator, for a mobile media company. I get to deal with all the issues from the CEO's laptop not working to the 1 gig Ethernet connection deal for our server farm.

cgrant

I'm a computer engineer, I get the laptops from guy's like dusten when the ceo's ask them to fix the laptops that takes me away from doing my real job of supporting our network!

Just playing, I couldnt resist

blazehok68

i am a salesman/servicewriter for an independent autoshop. i sell a lot of custom wheels and accessories, but mostly i sell tires and service repairs. i make decent salary and the commission is a bonus and i am also training to manage this store on my own. and no, i dont know how to fix cars.