What improvements should I make?

anolan2

So I finally got my PH stable at 8.0, CA is 415, and ALK is 9. I dont think these stats are ideal but my tank has seemed to settle and stabilize to these numbers.
I am trying to keep my water quality super clean especially since I have 2 lil triggers and a turkey in what eveyone is saying is too small of a tank. (I know I will have to move them eventually)
Anyways, to combat with messy fish in my 55 gal, I am doing 10 gallon changes every week,cleaning filters every week (except ceramics) and I just made my first batch of food. (Octopus, shrimp, scallop, squid, fresh garlic, kent zoe) Hopefully this will keep my ammmonia, nitate, phosphate down. So far so good. How much are people feeding? I have heard 3x a day and then some say every 3 days! I have been feeding a small amount of either freeze dried or pellet food in the morning and a small amount of frozen or homeade food at night. By small I mean the food is well withhin 30 seconds.
Any suggestions on the best way to feed? I want to keep my water quality as good as possible, however with the triggers they get more aggressive whn they are hungry!

travelerjp98

The baby fish really won't need too much... maybe 1/2 a teaspoon.... once they get older.... then I would feed 2-5 teaspoons a day of your fish food... imo.

S

smallreef

Yeah when they are small 2x a day.. very small feedings (since it is only 3 fish) is good....when they get older and larger you could drop to 1 time a day but I still fed 2x but all my food was gone within 10 seconds...

anolan2

Well actually I have a mystery wrasse as well so that a total of 4 fish, but I think I will stick to 2x a day until they are older and bigger. Thanks for all the help!

S

smallreef

Feel free to add a picture :)
I love mystery wrasses... and making your own food is SOO much better for all of them, and their nutritional needs, than pellets or flakes...