what is/was your first car

ruaround

my first was a 1990 Ford Ranger... Second was a 1995 Ford Mustang Convertable... and now I drive a 2004 Nissan Pathfinder...

jovial

Originally Posted by HipTang
Well then what do you call a car that can burn all 4 tires?

I can burn all 4 through 1st and in 2nd in my 92 eagle talon awd. IMO theres nothing cooler than gettin sideways with all 4 spinnin.

You call it discontinued. :hilarious

phixer

Originally Posted by HipTang
Well then what do you call a car that can burn all 4 tires?

I can burn all 4 through 1st and in 2nd in my 92 eagle talon awd. IMO theres nothing cooler than gettin sideways with all 4 spinnin.

I call it 15.2 second quarter mile time for 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 6.7 or at least thats what a stock one is rated. A Hot Rod? :notsure:
Thats cool smoking all four tires though. I dropped a small block Chevy into my 88 Toyota 4X4 a few years back. Completely changed the personality of that little truck.

hiptang

Originally Posted by Phixer
I call it 15.2 second quarter mile time for 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 6.7 or at least thats what a stock one is rated. A Hot Rod? :notsure:
Thats cool smoking all four tires though. I dropped a small block Chevy into my 88 Toyota 4X4 a few years back. Completely changed the personality of that little truck.

Yeah your right on it being a 15.2 second car stock. My car is far from being stock. I don't think they made any of these that came from the factory with over 400hp and that has nitrous on it.
Maybe i just got lucky and got a good running one that has beat a 12.6 second 88' mustang gt. As for it being a hot rod? I never said it was. I know it's not a 4000lb v8 and i don't want it to be. I have nothing against them i would just rather have a wicked turbo on a 2000lb car. also back in the day when all the hot rods came from the factory they were running high 14's to low 15's so whats your point.
JOVIAL
You call it discontinued
Yeah it is discontinued and it sucks. But the gto, chevelle, charger, and even camaro were discontinued. I guess that means they are in the same category as mine in your book. What was or is your first car? you never said.

alaredsox

Actually the charger is back and nasty! I want one! The camero is due back soon with a retro look, the chevy answer to the retro mustang. Damn shame ford discontinued the 5.0! The goat is an abomination to what that muscle car used to be. REAL SHAME!

hiptang

Originally Posted by AlaRedSox
Actually the charger is back and nasty! I want one! The camero is due back soon with a retro look, the chevy answer to the retro mustang. Damn shame ford discontinued the 5.0! The goat is an abomination to what that muscle car used to be. REAL SHAME!

yes i know that some cars are coming back. that was not my point. the point was that cars get discontinued. it just happens.

zsalinas

Originally Posted by Phixer
Almost every car is slow stock. There is a guy on a stock 2.0L block his last name is shepard I can't remember his first and he just got a 7.9 1/4 mile time in an early 90's eclipse. You'd be surprised what our "4 bangers" can do now a days. Oh yeah and we don't call them hot rods we call them DSM's

zsalinas

Originally Posted by Jovial
You call it discontinued. :hilarious
The Eclipse is still around and the Talon was the same thing as the Eclipse back in the day. They don't have the AWD turbo models anymore. So they came out with the new Mitsubishi Evolution. Almost 300 hp AWD turbo. Pulling low 13's stock so..........
Just lettin everybody know. No arguing intended lol

clown52

I had a 94 S10 Blazer with the 4.3 litre vorteck. I got it topped out at 110 mph and airborn twice. Not airborn at 110 though....
Now I have a Kawasaki for speed.

sweetdawn

1980 camaro blue two door
then i had kids and had to trade it in on a nova with four doors
life isnt fair is it

drew2005

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
The dodge...
Ill see if i can find some pics to scan and post em up.

hiptang

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
The Eclipse is still around and the Talon was the same thing as the Eclipse back in the day. They don't have the AWD turbo models anymore. So they came out with the new Mitsubishi Evolution. Almost 300 hp AWD turbo. Pulling low 13's stock so..........
Just lettin everybody know. No arguing intended lol

It doesn't matter it is still a 4 banger or rice rocket! Just kidding
I get so tired of hereing those things. Most people are still caught up in the saying of " there's no placement for displacement". As far as for the sound that is correct but a turbo more than makes up for the loss of 4 cylinders. The only way i have ever been able to get respect from a v8 guy is to beat his car and even then i don't get it sometimes. Oh well you can't please everyone.

hiptang

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
Hey want to know what the replacement for displacement is..................TRACTION. AWD owns
I like that. One complaint i always got was that my car is awd and has a turbo and thats not fair. rwd cars don't like it when they get leap frogged off the starting line. :jumping:
My 92' is my baby and i will always have it. It's down right now but i have a family to support first. What do you have Zsalinas?

zsalinas

I own a 97 eclipse gsx. It's my baby too. I have a custom paint job on it. some people like it and some people don't. I got hooked up though it's a friend of the family that paints. I don't have any good big pictures of it to post. It's my baby too I love it. I'm in the process of having a motor built. I should be down to low 11's and that's hella good at my elevation. From my elevation to sea level you can shave almost 1 full second off your time.

zsalinas

Do you have any type of instant messenger or anything cause they don't like us chatting on the boards. They get way off topic lol