What is your dream tank?

hawkfish101

What is your dream tank how many gallons and what kind of fish.
My dream tank is at least 500 gallons something that I can afford and have the time to clean it each week. I would like to have a school of large Angles in my tank. May be three or four of them of the same kind. Like having a school of them.What are your dream tank. Tell me some of your thoughts on this.

S

sinner's girl

I want at least 5 or 6 feet long, don't care about gallons. I just want to be able to have a yellow tang.
so fish for the dream tank would be a yellow tang, pair of clowns, and a six line. I'd have lots of inverts and at least two stars.
and some lr to watch.

magic

this is my dream tank, hey you never said realisticly! I would have to be rich and hire people to clean it and whatever else it needs done.:D

jarre

I haven't figured out how many gallons it would be, but I have the ideal place to install a 12' x 3' x 3' tank. Which is my ultimate dream!!!

iceburger

my dream tank surrounds a circular room, safe to say maybe 24 feet long, four feet high and maybe 4 feet deep...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
lol if i ever become rich...

I have heard of an housing complex in Tennessee that has a Saltwater pool for people......my dream tank would be to have a saltwater pool converted to a "dive in" aquarium!! BYOS...bring your own snorkel...parties!
10,000 gallons should do it.
Or my own piece of the ocean....either one!
Realistically though....I am building a house in 2004 and have plans to put a 180 gal. in the wall...with an equipment room on the other side of the wall. .....that is really my dream tank...someday to be a reality.
MCF

bluemarlin

I pretty much have my dream tank. If I could I would go a bit bigger but my 180 is pretty nice. Not nearly as nice as many I see but I am not as good as others are yet.
I have a 180 that I built into my home office wall. The other side of the wall is a fish room. So on one side is the tank and the other side is all the fixin's. Its a great setup. Now, I just need more time and money! :D

solandri

I'll be starting to set mine up hopefully next month. It's going to be a 180 aggro tank. Still haven't decided exactly what I want to put in it but I'll figure that out as I go along :D
-Mike
westonm@sas.upenn.edu

jpeavytx

Maroon....my apt. complex has a saltwater pool, havent a clue why, but i'm guessing its easier to care for.

j21kickster

a huge underground tank in my basement with corals, fish, the works- and then have it so large i could scuba dive for an hour

lharm

Well i want to take my porch out and replace it with a big aquirium
Cuase our porch is pretty big.
4 moorish idols
67 scarlet cleaner shrimp
8 large bicolor blennies
5 mandirin gobies
70 hermit crabs
8 yellow tangs
8 clown fish
2 sailfin tangs
10 blue hippo tangs
30 small lawn mower blennies
And 35 peace maker tang police Dream Dream
And now for coral and invertbrates.
well NEVERMIND

killyah

dream tank eh! i would be happy with 4 -500 gal tanks , 2 coral tanks and 1 community tank with live rocks and 1 aggressive. everything animated , i want all the high tech gagets to go with that so less work, and more time to enjoy the tanks. all i have to do is sit back and open a cold 1 (Bud). thats life:D

JPeavy,
I was told that some people use SW pools to avoid using chlorine to keep down algae. I don't believe this because the algae certainly likes to grow in my SW tank!
I don't know, maybe because the salt water doesn't hurt your eyes like FW with chlorine. Anybody know why?? Maybe you could ask the people in your complex why??? Let us all know?
I once took a cruise in the Caribbean and the cruise ship filled the pools with freshly filtered Sea Water every morning. That was pretty cool. Wish I lived close enough to the ocean to do something like that.
Oh well........thats why they are called dreams.....MCF

73stingray

I'd set up a room with a 10,000 gallon aggressive tank on one wall flanked on either side by a 7,000 gallon reef (lotsa clams) and a 7000 gallon fish only.