what really ticks you off about the hobby

lets hear some things that really tick you off about the hobby or a hobbyist!
  • When you accidently buy the wrong fish food at closing time on a saturday and realize the LFS isnt open on sundays
  • When the water in a tank evaporates
    When you are studying on buying a fish and plan on it save up the money and go to your LFS and notice the SOLD OUT sign

T

thomas712

Fighting with Calcium and Alkalinity, and PH, and Magnesium, and phosphates, and nitrates, and borate, and hiar algea and well you get the idea.
Having to spend the money are the car, car insurance, winter taxes, summer taxes and the like instead of building my reef up.
Other than that its a reall joy :D
Thomas

polarpooch

That the hobby is so expensive sometimes. A few hundred for a wet/dry, a couple hundred for a protein skimmer, 50-100 bucks for corals...it adds up....
HOWEVER, it is THE most satisfying hobby I've ever taken up, so I don't grumble too much about the price when the satisfaction is so high!

birdy

PIA hair algae is the biggest thing that ticks me off, I have just fought my third battle with this crap and I am once again victorious, but I fear that it was just another battle and the war is still going on.
Oh yes and the money I spend on this hobby is outrageous, but the rewards are so worth it.

bang guy

When I set up a siphon fo a water change and get distracted...most I've lost is 200 gallons of salt water... grrrrrr

chevman3171

Originally posted by Bang Guy
When I set up a siphon fo a water change and get distracted...most I've lost is 200 gallons of salt water... grrrrrr

I hear that one, man. Stupid ADD. Yes, everyone, I have ADD. Hey, it's fun for me!!! :p :rolleyes:
Yeah, the money is another factor, too. And I'm still in college so I'm even more broke!!

angelofish

I hate that I live like 3 or more hours away from people selling their corals,frags, or used equipment for dirt cheap. Sometimes theyre even giving frags away. Im always missing some great deals.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

dacia

I think what ticks me off the most, aside from the money, is when people who have never seen my tank or its water parameters try to tell me what I need to do.
If I see a problem or there's something I am not sure about, I will ask...all LFS are guilty of this, becuase they want to make a sale no matter what you came in to the store to do!

reef fool

The most aggravating for me is planning a large reef tank in the wall and the wife telling me to make sure I have enough $$ left for a lawyer.
Damn...and I have a perfect wall for a tank..a big tank!!!
Anyone know a cheap divorce lawyer?
Oh yeah...and why is this post in photography?

melissa v.

Originally posted by Birdy
PIA hair algae is the biggest thing that ticks me off, I have just fought my third battle with this crap and I am once again victorious, but I fear that it was just another battle and the war is still going on.
Oh yes and the money I spend on this hobby is outrageous, but the rewards are so worth it.

DITTO!!!!!!!
Melissa V.

Originally posted by reef fool
The most aggravating for me is planning a large reef tank in the wall and the wife telling me to make sure I have enough $$ left for a lawyer.
Damn...and I have a perfect wall for a tank..a big tank!!!
Anyone know a cheap divorce lawyer?
Oh yeah...and why is this post in photography?

lol i put it in the photography forum b/c thats where i spend most my time and i was thinking not everyone would have the same annoying thing like money :D and post pics of their probs also..:cool: but i dont have a camera yet so i cant:rolleyes:

marinerock

Hey Jeo....
Thats a whole lotta pennies there....I will bet that
if you turn those in to the nearest bank, you could
probably get a few more of those bills that say ~1~
in the corner....glad to see that we are all rubbing
elbows with the rich and famous on here....cool....LOL
Regards....
Marinerock

j21kickster

hey jeo- did you use that one$ on the bottom to wipe your:D j/k
the thing that bothers me most it the lack of rare corals and the huge competition to get them all