whats teh most expencive fish youve ever seen

harlequin

There was an angel, some asian deep water variety on that site by the Dr.s (crappy LR there BTW) it was for $1600 something if I remember right. I have heard of rare Japanese fish selling in Japan for upwards of $10,000, I dont think they make it to the States very often though. Needless to say I wont be buying one of them anytime soon.

D

daniel411

... I won't be buying one that expensive long term either!

fishman830

i did some research on koi and the older supposedly lived for like 90 years btu then i thought how could you be sure??? you'd haev to keep track since you were born but most people would die before that

spsfreak100

The most expensive fish I've seen are Flower Horns (Cichlid hybrids). I personally think the Flower Horn bisnuss is a cruel thing to do, but they do go for a lot of money!
Graham

legend

Chili/Super red Asian Arrowana's or even X-back asian arrowanas......man i wish i had that kind of money.

temple2101

OT ... Harlequin ... why do you think the Drs web site sells crappy LR? I'm not doubting you, it's just that I ordered 45lbs from there and that's what I'm currently using to cycle my tank. I hope I didn't waste my money!!

lesleybird

Gee, With Murphy's law if you bought a fish for 10 grand it would probably die a week later! The most expensive fish I ever bought was my majestic angel which was $179. before tax was added. I take really good care of it.....When I spend that much for a fish the water is always kept clean! Lesley

pbienkiewi

A guy I use to work with had a Asian Golden Arowana and this thing was a good 20+ inches long. Yes I know, not my fish, and 2nd it was a Asian family. The gold Arowana means fortune and power.

foodshape

Wow, this is an old thread! There are stories floating around about people (mostly in Japan I believe) paying 5 and even 6 figure prices for prize koi. Hard to verify most of these accounts though... one story even has someone paying $2.2 million, but I believe that has been shown to be an 'urban myth'. Of course this is the reef board and with koi and arowana we are straying...