whats with this site

grubsnaek

i recently bought a powder blue tang from this site that was offered for 39.99. i received the tang DOA. upon contacting them, i stated i didnt want a refund or credit, i wanted another fish sent....so i get an email back saying that only 39.99 will be refunded to my card. so i guess im beat on the fish, and i guess im beat on my shipping charge also....it would be a shame if i paid 20 bucks for them to send me a dead fish....am i wrong here....has any body else come across this problem....i would think i get my shipping charge back to my card also? NO?

kelly

Call your credit card company and dispute the charge unless they ship you another fish. There is a very good chance you will win and get all your money back. I have never dealt with Saltwaterfish.com, so I can not relate any experiences with you. I wish you the best of luck.

pbnj

The Money Back Guarantee clearly states that they only give you a refund or store credit. Nowhere does it say they will refund you the shipping costs or send you another fish. That's just the chance you take with ordering online. You can't expect SWF to take all the risk and still be able to keep their prices reasonable.
If for some reason an item arrives DOA, you can either have the amount of that item refunded to your card or we can issue the credit towards your Saltwaterfish.com Online Account
You'd be wasting your time disputing it with your credit card company.

meowzer

Is that the only thing you ordered? AND YES, It does say that all you get credit for is the actual live(or dead) stock

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
http:///forum/post/2992717
i recently bought a powder blue tang from this site that was offered for 39.99. i received the tang DOA. upon contacting them, i stated i didnt want a refund or credit, i wanted another fish sent....so i get an email back saying that only 39.99 will be refunded to my card. so i guess im beat on the fish, and i guess im beat on my shipping charge also....it would be a shame if i paid 20 bucks for them to send me a dead fish....am i wrong here....has any body else come across this problem....i would think i get my shipping charge back to my card also? NO?
I'm sorry that your fish was DOA. Unfortunately nobody here is an employee of SWF.com, not even the mods. If you need help with this issue please use the customer support link.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/support

countrygurl

They give store credit, you can use it any time you place another order or they will take the charge back off your credit card. Sorry that the fish didn't make it.

grubsnaek

i was really looking forward to the fish, but they no longer have the fish i wanted at the sale price. so add $25 for the fish, then another $20 for shipping so i would be paying $105 for a $65 fish......even though they are just refunding my money. would they pick up the shipping charge on the next fish i ordered? or say i buy another powder blue tang. would they pick up the shipping for that fish only, cause that was the original order...??????

grubsnaek

so a major bonus. i checked the spam folder for my email address. and a woman that works in the customer service section of saltwaterfish.com, sent me an email stating that they will revert the refund, and ship the new fish some time next week. if i read the email right thats how it seems to be. with this i am very happy with this site. ill go as far as to say, if i get a nice alive fish next week, i will def purchase from them again. and probablly more than i would have do to the customer service aspect alone....we'll see!!!!!

nycbob

sorry about ur lost. no online company will ever refund ur shipping cost. if swf.com is doing it, then they r really doing u a favor. as for disputing the charge with the credit card company. u wont win bc the site clearly states it wont refund shipping cost. the credit card company on the other hand, will credit ur account and just absorb the cost.

mudplayerx

http:///forum/post/2992952
so a major bonus. i checked the spam folder for my email address. and a woman that works in the customer service section of saltwaterfish.com, sent me an email stating that they will revert the refund, and ship the new fish some time next week. if i read the email right thats how it seems to be. with this i am very happy with this site. ill go as far as to say, if i get a nice alive fish next week, i will def purchase from them again. and probablly more than i would have do to the customer service aspect alone....we'll see!!!!!
This site has always been very good in the customer service aspect. The more you order from them, the more "freebie" points you get. You can use these points to get free stuff on your subsequent orders :)
Glad to hear that you got things resolved.

windlasher

http:///forum/post/2992952
Told ya.

deejeff442

the way the competition is with every business these days customer service has to be great.
i get all my construction work from word of mouth and advertising costs a fortune so i save eating the bullet sometimes rather than buying ads.
sounds like swf.com is going out of thier way to help and that is awesome for you.
if another company wont they will surely suffer in the long run,glad to see some companies still care about thier namesake.
a good name will always payoff.
i have eaten some good money to keep my customers happy and i like to think it has helped.
you need to get us some pics when you get your new friend.
good luck (this time)

grubsnaek

i do believe they are sending another one at same total cost. the lady just said it should ship next week. and im assuming by ship they meant another fish...again if they do send me a fish next week. i will def purchase again.
one hand washes the other right. if they help me out here. i will spend more money with this company. i was truely looking forward to this fish. i havent bought anything new in about 9 months. last fish was about a year ago. so my tank is ready for a new addition.
and i stated before. if they do send one, i will spend more money here then i would have even if the 1st fish showed up alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matt b

Are you dumb? How do you expect a BUSINESS to go into their pocket and spend 30 bucks on shipping when they explain in money back guarentee that you will get the money back or credit. Haha. It is not like fedex gives them their money back when a very sensitive fish dies while in a bag full of his own ammonia for hours. Thats like you driving a hour to see someone jump 20 buses with a bike and he dies and they say that if he dies you get your money back, You say well I want my gas money also.

grubsnaek

chill matt...i didnt see it say anything about shipping in the guarente part. sorry to bother you. little harsh in your statement. am i dumb? come on, no need for that. i was more hoping they would do something on the next shipping instead of going thru the hassle of refunding my shipping charge. no i dont expect fedex to give back the money to them, but come on....who the hell would pay $20 for a dead fish..........

peglet

I had the same thing happen to me. I ordered some snails, a tang and one other thing. Anyhow it wasn't a huge order. Thing is everything was dead when it arrived except for some of the snails. I called customer service and was told they would not replace my fish but they would give me credit. I asked them if when I ordered next time if they would split the shipping with me as 20$ to basically get some snails shipped was a little stiff. They would not split my shipping. I haven't ordered since, don't know if I will in the future. I did not expect full free shipping, but some give would have been nice.

deejeff442

if a swf has to eat the shipping on a doa once every 100 then that is just good business.
all it takes is one unhappy customer and it will spread bad word of mouth.
best to eat the shipping and keep everyone happy .
i have replaced a few jobs not because the customer wasnt happy and said they could live with a flaw in the work i did but i just dont want to leave with them telling other people it could have looked better.
15 yrs in business and 100+jobs a year i have to eat maybe 1 or 2 and in the long run i have made myself a great living while my competition just gets by.
i am just saying its better to suck it up and keep the customer 100% happy if posible.
if not they will lose one here and there and next thing you know they are done like dinner.