Where are the moderators?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, as to the red flag notification, apparently mods can access this through the mod/admin area and then make a decision about it. The drawback is that the mod will have to be routinely checking on this manually, as there is no automatic notification of a problem. So, I guess it is something that we will need to just work into our routine of checking on.
If we are online, PM would work faster since we do get notification of that immediately.

J

jstdv8

if it helps, flower recently beat him up pretty good on his grammar and the next two posts were very readable. So I added some possitve reinforcement. We will see how it goes, maybe he's getting the message :)

monsinour

So admin peeps of SWF.com, what are the thoughts about getting fresh blood into the moderator status? I am not nominating anyone nor am I advocating it for myself. However I am staying very strongly that you do need more than 2 active mods on a message board this size.

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour http:///forum/thread/381698/where-are-the-moderators/40#post_3329957
So admin peeps of SWF.com, what are the thoughts about getting fresh blood into the moderator status? I am not nominating anyone nor am I advocating it for myself. However I am staying very strongly that you do need more than 2 active mods on a message board this size.
+100% I would say that it should be people that have been on the boards for a length of time, that are always here and have contributed to the community as a whole. I can think of a few people that should be mods on here. I think that you know who I am talking about. It is something to think about!!

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, I'm going to be on here more often and can assist with ideas and issues, but I have presented this idea to the boss. We will see what the ruling is...

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyreefseeker http:///forum/thread/381698/where-are-the-moderators/40#post_3329965
Hello, I'm going to be on here more often and can assist with ideas and issues, but I have presented this idea to the boss. We will see what the ruling is...
Thank You Ladyreefkeeper, I just think that with the presence of more Mods being visible that it would make it a better comfort level for the people who are on the board on a regular basis. I know that I am on here every night, I may be doing other things but I check back to see what is going on. I just think that since we lost a lot of the old mods from the old boards ( where they have disappeared to who knows) that there should be some new ones added to keep the harmony here. If you want some suggestion I would be more than willing to give you some members that would be great mods.