Where is your tank?

tim514

Where is your tank in your home?
Basement?
Living room?
Dedicated Fish tank room?
Kitchen?
I currently have mine in my living room but am thinking about moving it into a spare room. It used to be in my kitchen before I upgraded.

meowzer

I have a dedicated fish room that has my 225G SW, 54G SW, 29G SW, 10G SW, and a 16G FW
I also have a 55G FW, and 46G FW in the family room

flower

What use is a fish tank in another room off to itself? I have mine in the living room, I would rather watch it than the TV. If I spent most of my time in the spare room or basement, that is where I would keep my tank.
I always thought of a dedicated “fish room” as being used for breeding, or for sick tanks and QTs until they can be in the display.
I think a fish tank is a thing of great beauty, and should be displayed prominently in the home as a show piece.

meowzer

LOL...Flower my "dedicated" fish room also has a t.v. and my computer (and couch)
It is where I spend most of my waking time at home :)

flower

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3245462
LOL...Flower my "dedicated" fish room also has a t.v. and my computer (and couch)
It is where I spend most of my waking time at home :)

Hey Ladybug…you’re a fish nut..I don’t know anyone with as many tanks as you and not have a fish store.
I have seen dedicated fish rooms..that is all that is in the room, fish tanks. The owners go in, check everything, feed the fish and leave.
You don’t not have a dedicated fish room my friend, you are dedicated to your fish and surround yourself with them. I wish I could afford to do that.

lil.guppy

One in the living room and then the frag tanks are in their own room. There is a lock on that door to keep my son and dog out

aquaknight

65gal and 55gal QT's are in my bedroom
90gal reef, and 2 10gal QT are in another bedroom
240gal is in the office
Betta bowl in kitchen
For as loud as I watch TV, I wouldn't want the fish near it

socalnano24

I have my 24 nano SW and 15 gallon tall FW in my living room. Then I have my 5.5 pico SW on the counter in my bathroom
Meowzer I thought you had like two tanks, not 12!

nigerbang

Mine is in wall with the front facing the living room and the back sitting in its own room where I joined 2 closets and turned a spare bedroom into a fish room where all the equipment and fish stuff is kept..
Front:

Old shot of the back before I finished working on it:

aquaman

Originally Posted by NigerBang
http:///forum/post/3245669
Mine is in wall with the front facing the living room and the back sitting in its own room where I joined 2 closets and turned a spare bedroom into a fish room where all the equipment and fish stuff is kept..
That is awesome!

cranberry

Lets see....
2 in the one living room.
4 in the other living room.
1 in the Girl's bedroom.
2 in the Boy's
4 in our bedroom.
When we move this year we will have a fish room for our growout/observation tanks.

J

jstdv8

I have kinda a similar setup to nigerbang's
I got my 90 gallon and quickly decided i didnt like it filling up alot of my living room, plus I had to look at the back whenever i was in the dining room. So i promptly cut a 4' hole in the wall of my living room that seperates my house from the garage, built a huge stand, added a sump and relocated everything. Soon after that I found that the garage is no place for fish as it gets colder in there and with my snowmobiles starting and stuff i was afraid of contaminating the water. Not to metion my son threw a banana in the sump. (lucky it wasnt something alot worse) So i built an 8' wide by 5' deep room into the garage around my tank. added insulation for heat retention and a sound barrier. threw a Qt tank and all my goodies in and now I have a dedicated fish room but still get to view from the living room.
Havn't finished triming the front yet :(

novahobbies

Originally Posted by Jstdv8
http:///forum/post/3245746
So i promptly cut a 4' hole in the wall of my living room that seperates my house from the garage, built a huge stand, added a sump and relocated everything...//..I built an 8' wide by 5' deep room into the garage around my tank. added insulation for heat retention and a sound barrier. threw a Qt tank and all my goodies in and now I have a dedicated fish room but still get to view from the living room.
Havn't finished triming the front yet :(
This is exactly what I want to do when I get around to the 265g dream tank.
Right now I have my 110g in the living room behind the couch. It acts as a divider between the main living room area and the excercise equipment, and this way I can service most of the tank from behind. My 37g seahorse tank is in the den, and a 5g nano is in the bedroom.

novahobbies

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3245443
I have a dedicated fish room that has my 225G SW, 54G SW, 29G SW, 10G SW, and a 16G FW
I also have a 55G FW, and 46G FW in the family room
Holy Schnikes!
I didn't know you had this many either. Next time my wife says that I have a problem, I'm going to show her this post.

OK, so I know this is a SW forum and all, but I don't think I'm alone in wondering what your FW tanks look like. Care to share?

meowzer

Originally Posted by novahobbies
http:///forum/post/3246496
Holy Schnikes!
I didn't know you had this many either. Next time my wife says that I have a problem, I'm going to show her this post.

LOL...Now you know why I have no life besides work

mrdc

That's a lot of tanks Meow! My only ONE is in the living room. I hope to get another one started next year and I would like to also build a frag tank at some point. Maybe I can convince the wife that we don't need a dining room!