White Ribbon Eel (Ghost Eel) Pics & Video

member007

Originally Posted by fishfry101
http:///forum/post/2510089
Is that a peacock puffer or a hawain blue in your video and how is it with your corals?
It's a blue spotted puffer and so far he hasn't done any damage. I've had him for a month... I saw him biting my leather once, but that was it.

fishfry101

Nice Tank! I ask this because I just got a peacock puffer and am debating weather or not to put corals in my tank. I don't want to give him or her some expensive food.......

member007

I wouldn't take a risk with hard corals, but there is a good chance with softies. The other problem are inverts... there is a good chance he will go after them. My shrimp almost always hide so I am willing to take a chance since I don't see them anyways.

fishfry101

Originally Posted by Member007
http:///forum/post/2510559
I wouldn't take a risk with hard corals, but there is a good chance with softies. The other problem are inverts... there is a good chance he will go after them. My shrimp almost always hide so I am willing to take a chance since I don't see them anyways.
I have some shrimp as well and they are a lot bigger then the puffer so i figure they will be ok for a while. What kind of soft corals do you have if you don't mind me asking?

member007

Update 04/14/08: It's been over a month since I got him and I must say it is a lot more interesting eel than a Blue Ribbon. Yes... the Blue one has a nicer colors, but this one eats like a pig, and has a great personality. It comes out more often and it doesn't get scared of anything when he is in the open.

hefner413

Awesome stuff. couple q's: is the top sealed? and the tank's 29gal? does it freak out the fish when it swims around? Does it move the substrate around at all? sorry, that's all the q's for now...

member007

Originally Posted by Hefner413
http:///forum/post/2582608
Awesome stuff. couple q's: is the top sealed? and the tank's 29gal? does it freak out the fish when it swims around? Does it move the substrate around at all? sorry, that's all the q's for now...
Sure... Top is completely sealed. I learned a lesson with my Blue Ribbon Eel who jumped out through a very small open space. My tank is a 24g with 3g refugium, mh lights, and a chiller. Nope it doesn't freak out any fish, and it didn't move anything in a tank so far. Not a problem I am here often so you are welcome to ask any questions.

sepulatian

That is an awsome eel. I was full of doubt while reading through this. Whites and blacks are labeled at the same risk level as blues for survival in a home aquarium. Your eel looks to be doing great and eating well

hefner413

where do you find a white? I didn't see any on the sites that I usually look at, and my lfs never has eels other than snowflakes.

member007

I ordered him from a guy who now has his own store. You could probably have your lfs order one. Let me know what's up and good luck!