Who has the best Aquascape?

W

wbsurfer101

Hey guys. I got a new 125 and looking for some aquascapeing ideads... SO who has the best aquascaping on here? Lets see um!

V

vicegrip

I'm really proud of mine but the picture does not do it justice.

azfishgal

Well, it's certainly not the best, but it's a 125 gallon, 6 ft tank.
This was taken back in March, so I now have some coral and fish, but the rock work is the same, just more purple.

ifirefight

Well here is mine ( not the best picture ), 6 ft 130 gallon. I just kinda stacked the rock lower on the sides and higher in the middle. No real right or wrong way. Some people do it all in the center,others to the left and right and leave the center open, some all to one side,personal preference. If you dont like the way it turns out you can always re-arrange it.

katiev

Originally Posted by jhebi
This is my 100gl at work....just starting =)
Wow, you found some great rock. Very nice.

ghettotang

Originally Posted by jhebi
This is my 100gl at work....just starting =)

Hey I have a question. I see that your tank does not have any substrate at the bottom of the tank. How does it work for you to keep those coral. I heard that is better to have substrate into the tank for to help stablize the system. And how much LR do you have into the tank because I'm getting a 125 gallon tank and I want ot learned how to do simple mix reef tank, but the problem is don't have experience yet. I asked other people here in this forum. Actualy one of the member here with the screen name teen is been helping me out which I do apperiate her knowledge and learning to understand about reef tank. So I'm still debating wheather I should go with having substrate at the bottom or not. Teen told if I'm going to have simple mix reef tank I should have deep sand bed because it's going to help me stablize the system. Can I get your opion on having substrate vs. not having substrate to have a better understanding why is important not to have or to have.
Thanx for your help
Jay

nygel

vicegrip's owns... just need some corals or something colorful, and that would be the tank.... all others will be destroyed.

sfoister

Originally Posted by nYgel
vicegrip's owns... just need some corals or something colorful, and that would be the tank.... all others will be destroyed.
Agreed. The tonga on the left side holding up that flat plateau is great. I'd be afraid that would all come crashing down.

addicted2

Originally Posted by vicegrip
I'm really proud of mine but the picture does not do it justice.

I love your rockwork. very nice..
to everyone! BRAVO!

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by maelv
And mine:

is that driftwood i see? i had some bad experiences with that. it rotted and broke all apart. the copepods liked it though...
there are others on here who can give reasons why it's not a good thing for marine systems

greenwolf52

not quite as neat and colorful as the reef setups on here but we like it...
which do you like better?
before this past weekend...

after this past weekend...

crt81

I like the 2nd picture!
That is how I think I will set-up my rocks for my soon to be 65 reef, or something close to that!

crt81

I really like your setup! I love the ledge/over hang that is on the left. I will really have to remember that idea for my tank that I hope to order next week and get the rock in shortly after!!!!