Who has the best Aquascape?

jhebi

Originally Posted by katiev
Wow, you found some great rock. Very nice.
Thanks, bought very cheap, i think 50lbs for $100.00, there is this LFS that sells for that price....Is the whole box.....

jhebi

GhettoTang said:
Hey I have a question. I see that your tank does not have any substrate at the bottom of the tank. How does it work for you to keep those coral. I heard that is better to have substrate into the tank for to help stablize the system. And how much LR do you have into the tank because I'm getting a 125 gallon tank and I want ot learned how to do simple mix reef tank, but the problem is don't have experience yet. I asked other people here in this forum. Actualy one of the member here with the screen name teen is been helping me out which I do apperiate her knowledge and learning to understand about reef tank. So I'm still debating wheather I should go with having substrate at the bottom or not. Teen told if I'm going to have simple mix reef tank I should have deep sand bed because it's going to help me stablize the system. Can I get your opion on having substrate vs. not having substrate to have a better understanding why is important not to have or to have.
Thanx for your help
Hey welcome and good luck, teen seems to know a lot, listening to him will get far with a great system. I believe that SB or bare sand it's all choice. i have a 135gl at home with sand bed, so I want to try at wrk without, so far I like it, no problem at all......Maybe I can let you know in a couplt of months.....My corals are all doing good.......

aquaguy24

jhebi said:
Originally Posted by GhettoTang
Hey I have a question. I see that your tank does not have any substrate at the bottom of the tank. How does it work for you to keep those coral. I heard that is better to have substrate into the tank for to help stablize the system. And how much LR do you have into the tank because I'm getting a 125 gallon tank and I want ot learned how to do simple mix reef tank, but the problem is don't have experience yet. I asked other people here in this forum. Actualy one of the member here with the screen name teen is been helping me out which I do apperiate her knowledge and learning to understand about reef tank. So I'm still debating wheather I should go with having substrate at the bottom or not. Teen told if I'm going to have simple mix reef tank I should have deep sand bed because it's going to help me stablize the system. Can I get your opion on having substrate vs. not having substrate to have a better understanding why is important not to have or to have.
Thanx for your help
Hey welcome and good luck, teen seems to know a lot, listening to him will get far with a great system. I believe that SB or bare sand it's all choice. i have a 135gl at home with sand bed, so I want to try at wrk without, so far I like it, no problem at all......Maybe I can let you know in a couplt of months.....My corals are all doing good.......
get about a 2 inch sand bed..look better anyway..IMO

aquaguy24

Originally Posted by greenwolf52
not quite as neat and colorful as the reef setups on here but we like it...
which do you like better?
before this past weekend...

after this past weekend...

i like the one with the spit down the middle..

addicted2

not quite as neat and colorful as the reef setups on here but we like it...
which do you like better?
before this past weekend...

after this past weekend...

I like the second one too..Mine was like that in the very beginning , you can see I had 2 ends..and then I still had some more rock I liked..and well, to make a long story short..the middle got filled up! but yeah..the second one is better.

azaintcold

My tank just finished cycling so its pretty behrend. I'll be picking up my cleaning crew and some zoos within the week.

addicted2

Originally Posted by azaintcold
My tank just finished cycling so its pretty behrend. I'll be picking up my cleaning crew and some zoos within the week.

very nice aquascaping! That's a lot of rock there! Your tank will definitely be one to watch mature...you should do the tank diary like everyone else..yours is definitrly one of the nicest yet! Just my opinion...but your aquascaping is defintely one of the nicest I have seen.

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by Eaglephot
Here is mine.

you have one of the sweetest displays i have seen in a while. don't get me wrong...there are some very very nice setups i have seen on here, but that is looking really nice.

maelv

is that driftwood i see? i had some bad experiences with that. it rotted and broke all apart. the copepods liked it though...
there are others on here who can give reasons why it's not a good thing for marine systems

No, it isn't a peice of driftwood. It is actually a peice of rock. My little man (6 year old) picked it out and wanted it to be the highest peak in the tank, so I wedged it in there. But thanks for the information.
And there are definitely some NICE rockwork here....good topic...

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by Stanlalee

thats pretty awsome and better than mine will ever be. Your the winner

What do you mean, you have a great tank. Awsome colorful fish. I love Acros. you can always add LR.
P.S I just noticed my picture is two pics croped together and it is missing some of the middle. here is a pic with the middle included.

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by nYgel
vicegrip's owns... just need some corals or something colorful, and that would be the tank.... all others will be destroyed.

Originally Posted by sfoister

Agreed. The tonga on the left side holding up that flat plateau is great. I'd be afraid that would all come crashing down.
Thanks guys. The flat rock sits just like a table top . Fit soild like it was made to sit there. ( I did make some of the LR but not that piece). I look at everyones LR and think they are nicer than mine.
I agree mine will look nicer once the coral grow some.
I hope my orange montipora looks as nice as Maelv's.
Eaglephot's corals are awsome.
I also really like Addicted2's LR.
And Azaintcold's is also great I can't wait to see what he does with it.

V

vicegrip

Originally Posted by whackamole
how lonh does it usually take mont's to grow

Not long my little frag tripled in two months.

eaglephot

you have one of the sweetest displays i have seen in a while. don't get me wrong...there are some very very nice setups i have seen on here, but that is looking really nice.

Hey thanks! I really appreciate that more than you know!

ghettotang

Originally Posted by Eaglephot
Here is mine.
Man Eaglephot nice tank it's crsytal clear how often do you do you water change and the maintance.
AWSOME!!!!
Your gonna make jeasoules now.
Jay