Why I'll never vote for a democrat

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Sandi
The last election should speak volumes to the Rep. on how the American people feel.
I'm not really buying that either, in the 6th year of practically every prez ever the elections have been bad for the party in the white house. If you look at alot of the new dems in office, they are very conservative on alot of issues. Alot of people ran championing there conservative pro-american ideas with the democratic sticker.

phixer

This is true not long ago the Republicans controlled all 3 branches and still couldnt secure our borders.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by Ibew
your right there not both split now my mistake. Im not mad sorry if I come across that way. I 'm just saying this is a topic that opinions really doesn't matter were all different which means the president effects us in different ways for instance how much money you make, what you do for a living, your health insurence provider ext...... so each president will have a different impact on you and your family because each president has different agendas when there in office. But I wish us as a whole would prosper and not have to complain. Besides they get payed to do that and are supposed to be the best for the job. Atleast that is who the american people vote for.
My bad! That's one of the reaons I hate typing or sending an e-mail to someone. Someone can think you are mad, sad, or very hyper when you aren't. Yeah to bad people have to complain.
Random info about the salary of the President...
When my cousin George was in office he was paid $25,000 a year
Today it's $400,000 a year!!!!!

zman1

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar

Today it's $400,000 a year - that is pathetically low, isn't it? Every fortune 500 CEO would cry on that salary....

ibew

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
My bad! That's one of the reaons I hate typing or sending an e-mail to someone. Someone can think you are mad, sad, or very hyper when you aren't. Yeah to bad people have to complain.
Random info about the salary of the President...
I agree on salary being alittle on the low side for a president but put in the factor that he hasn't have to pay any type of living expenses for 8 years if he makes it for 2 terms and also doesn't need transportation either im sure the list goes on do the math on that for 8 years I bet that is also alot of money too and yes salary has went up big time since the first pres. I know its hard with out hearing someones voice to determine what kind of mood someones in

zman1

Any company pays for business travel and living. That is not his permanent address, it's temporary housing.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by zman1
Today it's $400,000 a year - that is pathetically low, isn't it? Every fortune 500 CEO would cry on that salary....
Yes I do believe it's low. For someone to go through that much stress in 4 or 8 years...you'd think it be much higher.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by Ibew
. I know its hard with out hearing someones voice to determine what kind of mood someones in

Thanks for understanding! I do that a lot with my friends. hahaha. One moment they think I'm mad and the other in a good mood...vice versa too.

stdreb27

You know they just raised the prez wages during the clinton admin. Clinton only made about 120's per year
plus free interns.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by stdreb27
You know they just raised the prez wages during the clinton admin. Clinton only made about 120's per year
plus free interns.
Yeah poor Bill only got around $200,000.