Why Is The Gas Sooo Expensive!!! I Mean, C'mon.......................................

J

josebob

i say never trade in your guzzler to buy some crap car. i would rather get to where i'm going faster than to go slow and save gas. remember the planet isn't going anywhere the human species is.

phixer

So convert to ethanol. Arnolds been a much better Governor than that scumbag Grey out Davis.

S

supermanvx

its expensive, cuz the gas companies know we need it to go to work/school/etc...with out gas america would be helpless...nice price gouging is what it is... they got a pretty good system set up...they increase and decrease slowly to not make it look so obvious...they know if we dont buy gas, we cant get to work, and we cant live...anyone want to invest in a gas company with me?

martinc909

Originally Posted by supermanvx
anyone want to invest in a gas company with me?

alright. Where do you want to talk?

S

supermanvx

but then again, we ask for it by buying big SUVs and trucks and other gas guzzlers...although im not compaining, i own two

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by martinc909
alright. Where do you want to talk?
if only it was that easy

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by Tanks Alot
i pay $2.64 but i shop at giant eagle so right now i have$1.50 off gas so i will only be paying $1.14 a gallon to fill up my 2000 ford f150 4x4offroad
i hate to say this, but if your only 15...how are you drivin to the gas station to pay for this?

redlinedcj

be lucky your not in europe it's around $5/gallon when you do the conversion and its been that way for years and years

S

supermanvx

thats probably why people in europe makes fun of americans for driving such big cars.

puff_puff_

2.19 a gallon here. 6cyl, benz.. about 25 to the gallon... no complaints but the bikes get far better... ill die before not ride! WINTER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

lazypinoy

its like 2.39 or something here in southern california. but i dont care, i use a razor scooter to get to school. no gas, just some foot work.
but i do drive a honda accord 2000 V6. feel bad for my brother though...he drives a H2. :hilarious he gets about like 9-12 miles to the gallon plus his 700$ monthly. man remember the days when gas used to cost about 95 cents to about a lil over a dollar....... :thinking:

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by LazyPinoy
its like 2.39 or something here in southern california. but i dont care, i use a razor scooter to get to school. no gas, just some foot work.
but i do drive a honda accord 2000 V6. feel bad for my brother though...he drives a H2. :hilarious he gets about like 9-12 miles to the gallon plus his 700$ monthly. man remember the days when gas used to cost about 95 cents to about a lil over a dollar....... :thinking:
i remember when i went to go look at an H2...the dealer said 8miles to the gallon and i said forget it haha, what a bust for the bro though.

windmill

This is a wonderfull, glaring example of American hypocracy and idiocy. "Gas is expensive!"......"I love my Suburban/Expedition/Hummer (insert other 5000 lb vehicle here)"
I've always loved the idea of a 50% some odd increase in tax on vehicles making less than somewhere between 10-20 mpg. Those are all the ineffecient, lard-assed, vehicles which make fuel so much more expensive for the more efficient cars owned by the less wealthy. Once again I've disgusted myself with comparisons and analogies of how corporate and social America work. I'll be a smiley sumbitch come armageddon.

threed240

Prices were dropping but now there hovering around $2.07 a gallon. I drive a Nissan 240sx so gas mileage is great for me, except it will only run on 93+ octane. I remember seeing talk about hydrogen cars, only problem is making hydrogen from water is costly, not to metion dangerous. Imagine getting rear ended with a hygrogen bomb in the trunk.
Instead of repainting your bumber, they'd be rebuilding neighborhoods. But technology is moving faster than ever. So, time will tell.

brucewrs

Originally Posted by windmill
LOL @ Ford lightning with 572 hp.

Here is mine 485/555 RWHP>>10-12 MPG...Worth every penny!

1journeyman

I love the conspirators....
Anyway, oil is a world commodity. Speculators and world demand drive the prices. OPEC doesn't help of course...
I was paying $1.35 a liter in Australia for gasoline... that's over $5 a gallon. Funny thing was they were talking about having to raise the tax on gasoline to pay for a pipeline across New Guinea.

oceanists

Originally Posted by Phixer
So convert to ethanol. Arnolds been a much better Governor than that scumbag Grey out Davis.

its not hard to be better than grey davis ..... screech powers would have better than him .... Arnold isnt exactly a peach eithet ... he needs to go back to bodybuilding cause he cant act either