Wife and I put our deposit down on our first Puppy!

fenrir

My vet wants to wate until she is 6 months old when she is ready to be spayed. He told me that he has een cherry eye clear up on its own before hand. If it doesn't he can tack the cherry eye back in durring her spay surgery.

petjunkie

Since she is a puppy normal route is try the drops and hope it corrects itself, if not you can do the surgery later, during her spay sounds like a great time since she won't need to go under multiple times.
She is cute, I like the bull and terrier breeds, prefer olde boston bulldogges though, I'm not a fan of breeds so distorted they have breathing issues and can't naturally whelp like Boston Terriers and English Bulldogs. I like the dogs themselves, just not the issues we have bred into them for looks. My sister's MIL has one whose very sweet and friendly except for the snorting which would drive me mad.

al mc

Originally Posted by Fenrir
http:///forum/post/3058153
My vet wants to wate until she is 6 months old when she is ready to be spayed. He told me that he has een cherry eye clear up on its own before hand. If it doesn't he can tack the cherry eye back in durring her spay surgery.
Do ask your vet what is his/her success rate with the 'tacking back' procedure. The recurrence rate in most people's hands is quite high (50% +).
Some of the one's 'tacked back' will eventually get a 'dry eye' (keratitis sicca) in the future. I agree that making a decision at the spay procedure time is wise.

fenrir

My vet said he had about a 70% success rate with the tack back method. He said he does it a little diferently from the norm but I forget the specifics since that kind of stuff makes me sick. On a good note we have yet to have any accidents in the house and she knows how to wine at the back door!