Will the world end in 2012?

t316

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Ahh.. but Revelation is not the only book in the Bible to contain prophecy. Ezekiel 37-39 are very interesting.
Correct, but I'd have to go read those chapters again. I think it has something to do with the 'dry bones' and Gog/invasion of Israel....correct me if I'm wrong?

1journeyman

Ya. That's chpt 37 that refers to the reunification of Israel.
Chpt 38 refers to the leader "Gog" of the Kingdom "Magog" (suspected to be present day Russia) uniting the enemies of Israel and leading an invasion.

mfp1016

I think its absolutely silly that anyone could predict the end of the world when there are number of other events that failed to be predicted. For example, IMHO you'd think the Mayans would be concerned with their own demise rather than one that would happen much later in history. Just my .02

npage

Yes the world will end in 2012.

Everyone frag your corals and send them to me.

Throw some cash in there too while you're at it. You won't need it.

tarball

The Bible doesn't say the world will come to an end. Its says the times as we know them will come to an end. Revelations say, Jesus will return & stop the utter destruction of the earth done by mankind & then will rule over the earth & humans for 1000 yrs. bring peace to the earth and all humans.
What a gloom & boom message you all have for mankind & the planet we live on....

crashbandicoot

Well all I have to say is that the north american union and the europian union better get it going so they can hook up with the asian union and creat the world union before we all die . Those crazy Masons .

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Tarball
The Bible doesn't say the world will come to an end. Its says the times as we know them will come to an end. Revelations say, Jesus will return & stop the utter destruction of the earth done by mankind & then will rule over the earth & humans for 1000 yrs. bring peace to the earth and all humans.
What a gloom & boom message you all have for mankind & the planet we live on....

Hehe, have you read how bad things get in Revelation? "Doom and Gloom" doesn't do it justice.
The Bible does say the world will come to an end.. more or less.
Matthew 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come"
Revelation 21:1 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away......"

S

swalchemist

Every ending of one era brings the beginning of another. Nostradamus never mentioned 2012 his dire prediction came and passed with no event noticeable in 1999 after this some newer interpretations were made and the 2012 date was weaved into the original prediction by doomsayers because they just couldn't be wrong. Truth is we as a species have a choice, we can grow up and survive as a species or we can squabble ourselves to death with meaningless petty differences that will never matter in the end when the dust settles and no real traces of us remain

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Hehe, have you read how bad things get in Revelation? "Doom and Gloom" doesn't do it justice.
The Bible does say the world will come to an end.. more or less.

Look around you dont think that compared to 2000 years ago this wouldnt consist of "DOOM and GLOOM" ? we can destory whole city blocks with in seconds with missles and 2000 years ago they had what rocks and sticks knives and

[hr]
? seams like doom and gloom in comparison to me .

notsonoob

only 500 years ago you could devistate an entire city block to a slow painful death in a reaction to rat poop...
There is, and always will be doom and gloom to suffer as long as society is bent upon greed.
Actually, you point is opposite....I'd rather be wearing the missle on my chest then to suffer an out of control plague...

ruaround

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
Atleast if it ends in 2012 I won't have to switch out all my light bulbs then.....there is an upside.
and in 4 years we wont have to change to a new OS either... cuz maybe Vista will have all the kinks worked outta it...
i added some cowbell Crash...

t316

Originally Posted by Tarball

What Bible are you reading? That's about as much of an "end" as you can get.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by T316
What Bible are you reading? That's about as much of an "end" as you can get.
Hehe...
Ya, I agree. Plus Revelation makes it clear the destruction in the end will be driven by God, not man.