XBOX 360 Problems! 2 Days After Getting Madden!

mike22cha

Well I was starting a Viking franchise and tried to play a game instead of sim and my 360 froze. I tried again with a Charger franchise, and it froze as soon as I started a game too. So I removed the disk while turning it on, and as soon as I but it back in it froze. I took it out restarted, and three red lights came on instead of green. I did it again and got to the point where I was about to private chat with a friend, and it froze.
So I called my friend who had to ship his 360 back and got a new one. He directed me through the steps to customer support, which I'm about to call.
It sounds soo much fun talking to a voice automated system for 40min. to come to the conclusion that my 360's broke. I'm pretty ticked off, espically after getting Madden. Man this sucks!

mike22cha

Hate to break it to ya I started riding my bike and I've been doing 5 miles a night!
I have to wait 4-8 weeks. This sucks!

autofreak44

check and see if the disc is cracked... it probably is the system but when i got mine back after being replaced i was playing nfs underground and it froze every 2 minutes because the disc was cracked

threed240

The three lights of death. Its due to the 360 overheating. You can purchase a intercooler for it, and it will help prevent this. Xbox will tell you there is no problem with the overheating, but thats because they don't want to admit to it. Gee, I wonder why they extended the warranty on these to three years?

my buddy use to work for ea games and now works for namco. but anyways they release their games even with defects due to the new season is coming. i remember him telling me b4 not to buy madded 05 for psps cause it crashes ur psp. and also this is why xbox extended their warranty to 3 years. good luck

mike22cha

I called and it is definetly the system. I got the three light crap and I'm sending it in. They said it should take 4-8 weeks, not really sure on exact number becuase I didn't understand her that well. So since Halo 3 comes out when I get it back I'm going to trade in all my games for some $$ not much but still something and redo my 20g tank after a failed attempt of blending and an algae out break. It's going to be a zoo frag tank. Anyways I get more time to practice basketball, ride bike, and more time to spend on here doing absouletely nothing half the time considering how slow it is sometimes LOL. Also school starts soon, so my dad was happy my XBOX broke, LOL.

rbaldino

Pretty much the same thing happened to my roommate's 360. With his 360 and PS3 sitting right next to each other, I'm sure they both got pretty hot. The service center you send them to is apparently in Texas, so you might not have to wait as long to get yours (actually, a refurbished one) back.

mike22cha

I'm hoping it isn't my exact 360 because when I first got it it fell along a wall and gots a scratch so hopefully I'll get a nice new lookin' one.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
I'm hoping it isn't my exact 360 because when I first got it it fell along a wall and gots a scratch so hopefully I'll get a nice new lookin' one.

It won't be yours, but it won't be a new one, either. Just make sure you don't send your hard drive with it.

maeistero

i sent mine to texas and they are sending the same one back now. you'll have to give them the serial # and it comes back the same one. it's also used as a tracking #. i was hoping to get a refurb as i figured it would be one of the second generation 360's. instead they are fixing the old ones until they run out of parts. that is figured to happen in 3yrs. when mine came back some games work and some don't. i keep all of my games immaculate, so that's disappointing.

nigerbang

Mine was doing that kinda thing...It wouldnt load anything..Not even the dashboard....I contacted Microsoft..Wasnt happening with me...I called Wal-Mart...They will take anything back..They told me as long as it was under 1 year old they could swap it...New 360 keeping my hard drive and giving the new up with the old system...Got a new one in 2 hours..

mike22cha

Are you serious? Well I want to keep my storage drive though, but 2 hours sounds a lot better than a month. Do you have to have anything like box or anything or just XBOX and controller and such?

mr.bled

thats what i did...twice haha. 1st was a bad disc tray that would not stay closed, went to best buy to switch it. two days later the screen stayed black...went to target, switched it again.

mr.bled

just switch the core. keep your hard drive and accessories. make sure your disc tray is empty prior to the old switch-a-roo or your out 60 bucks for a game.