xbox 360

cartman101

nope, all it is is a xbox with better graphics, just a little tweeks there and there, looks like a BIG waste of money. Going to get the Nintendo revolution since the controller is really werid,it looks fun too

ithorian_r

Originally Posted by Cartman101
nope, all it is is a xbox with better graphics, just a little tweeks there and there, looks like a BIG waste of money. Going to get the Nintendo revolution since the controller is really werid,it looks fun too

um i beg to differ. look up the specs for the old xbox and compare em to the 360....not just little tweeks and better graphics......

maeistero

i've gotten an offer to trade on a local site. i get a xbox for an old laptop piii 400mhz. yes, no? i figure yes since i don't use the laptop ever.
btw cart, you're making the midwest look bad. the 360 is pretty much ahhhh....
let's just say it'll blow the doors off a branson trailer.
if you can tweak mine up to be as good i'd be pretty interested though.

salty tank

Im gonna be very mad if there is a new grand theft auto out only for PS3. I bought PS2 only because i played grand theft auto 3 a few years ago. I only own like 4 other games for it including vice city and san andreas

thejdshow

Originally Posted by Cartman101
You couldn't be further from the truth. I take it your not the geeky type like me =). Its 3:30 am and we just finished our halo2 tourny. We have 4 modded xbox's. Just put a 160gig HD in mine =). They had a 360 set up at walmart and OMG.
And as far as a waste of money? if you knew how much machine you were getting for the price you would take that statement back. Microsoft loses money on every 360 sold. They are selling it much cheaper than they are making them for. (they make all their money on the games) anyways... seen a gaming thread and I haaaaad to add my 2 cents.
See ya!

thejdshow

Originally Posted by salty tank
Im gonna be very mad if there is a new grand theft auto out only for PS3. I bought PS2 only because i played grand theft auto 3 a few years ago. I only own like 4 other games for it including vice city and san andreas

they have one out for the psp that is not available to any other counsil
and as far as the laptop trade. I would say no because you can probly get $200 for it, and you can buy used xbox's much cheaper. If you do trade, try to find out what drive the xbox has. I recomend people to stay away from the thompson drives. They basicly suck. The samsung ones are sweet though.

speg

I plan on getting one. I loved Morrowind and I see that Xbox360 will end up having Elder Scrolls IV ... so yeah.. I must claim it.
Can you believe all the games are starting at $59.99???
Btw for any of you that havent played The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind... do so.. it costs like less than 20 dollars and its one heck of a game.

speg

Originally Posted by snailheave
i never finished it. i have the pc version and the world is just too big.
Thats what I like about it.. its insanely huge.. you can do the main quest and get done with the game in a few weeks or you can do side quests and literally take MONTHS to finish the game. Games these days are just so darn easy to beat it pisses me off. I pay 50 bucks for a game and I usually can finish it in less than a week. Not even playing the game 24/7.. just when im off work!
I hate most games that have come out lately.. aside from like a handfull of games compaired to the thousands that have been released. In my opinion super nintendo and possibly one or two on sega still have some of my favorite games of all time and these new systems just cannot come close to making a good game like those ones..
Ever heard of Fable for Xbox? I was SO into this game I was constantly doing research into it finding out what they had planned etc etc.. when the game finally came out (it was pushed back several times) it was a piece of crap. Only 25% of what they SAID the game would have in it was actually in the game. So horrible... it had the potential to be one of the greatest games ever.. instead its a 6 on a 10 scale.
If you wanna look into some G R E A T very oldschool games that seriously rock way harder than any game made today check out 'New Horizons - Uncharted Waters' for SNES. Or how about Mario RPG - Legend of the 7 Stars. Or Buck Rogers for Sega Genesis.. these games of course dont have halo graffics and dont have online gameplay... but they dont need it. I could play these games over and over and over again.. and I do.
The last game that I can play over and over again without getting too bored is FF7... and we all know how long ago that thing came out :p

notenoraa

Originally Posted by Speg
I plan on getting one. I loved Morrowind and I see that Xbox360 will end up having Elder Scrolls IV ... so yeah.. I must claim it.
Can you believe all the games are starting at $59.99???
Btw for any of you that havent played The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind... do so.. it costs like less than 20 dollars and its one heck of a game.

agreed this game is very in depth.... one of the best single player RPG's IMO. Also i think Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion is coming out sometime early next year.

notenoraa

well thats the beauty of it.. i dont like playing a game where if i sit at it i can beat the damn thing within 8 hours. I want a game that takes more like 36+ hours to be considered progress. Its a very open ended game. Lots of paths you can take. I hate walking though, I hope oblivion has some sort of horse or something i can use.

snailheave

my morrowind experience:
tried to be a thief, tried to pick some woman elf's pocket, she caught me and attacked me, i ran, she outran me, i fought back, some other citizens saw me attack her and aided her.
me died.
<uninstall>