Yellow tang with poor color?

S

saltman23

i currently have a 4-5 inch yellow tang. for some reason his coration is not that good and it seems like he always has his night colors on. i feed him green/brown/purple alge and mysis shrimp and brine. any ideas??

i have a tang like that too.
one day he will be bright yellow the next a pale yellow/white. and at night all my fish loose there color and in the morning they are normal

mie

Try adding a healthier diet to his menu "no brine" add vitamins or at the very least fresh garlic juice to his or her diet. Brine is basically void of an nutrients.

S

saltman23

no stress. I have had him for 4 years and has never had ich. its tankmates include a damsel clown flame and a naso. the tank size is a 75

crashbandicoot

check your peramiters . Sounds like your water is outa whack to me . If your getting good readings have your lfs test it too .

S

saltman23

nope. paremeters are perfect. even had the lfs check it. NA 0 NI 0 AM 0 PH 8.2 Salinity .22

crashbandicoot

like a few other have sugested . Ditch the shrimp and try adding some vitamins to the food . TRy ocean nutritin formula 2 .

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Saltman23
http:///forum/post/2473448
no stress. I have had him for 4 years and has never had ich. its tankmates include a damsel clown flame and a naso. the tank size is a 75
I'm voting stress with a 4-5 inch YT in a 75 gallon tank. Do you have plenty of live rock with it to graze on?
Ich is a parasite that has to be introduced. A fish can be stressed without presenting ich.

S

saltman23

yes i know, but i have had the fish for many years. he obviously would have been dead if it was same type of stress!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Saltman23
http:///forum/post/2473498
yes i know, but i have had the fish for many years. he obviously would have been dead if it was same type of stress!
How long has it been pale?

I'm just throwing out my best guess. Stressed Tangs get pale. Classic sign.
You are feeding it properly, it doesn't sound sick, it isn't being harrassed by tankmates, you've had it a long time... No a whole lot of other options I can think of.

S

saltman23

hes a very quiet fish. doesent get harrased by the tank mates. the only think i can think of is that the person that had him before me did have him with some more aggresive tank mates. just my guess

crashbandicoot

Ok here are my thoughts
You have had it either a year or four years . And today you added a naso ? In your avatar you have a naso thats monster compared to the yellow tang which leads me to believe either the yellow is tiny and is not 4 years old or it is and you have put a monster naso in the tank with it and your tank only being a 75 is WaY ToO SMall . Either way stress city . For the yellow tang .

S

saltman23

the yellow is 4 years old. my friend had him for 3 years and i had him for 1 year. the avatir is a pic i found on the internet. {not my fish} i will post pics soon!