Yerboy's new 20 long

yerboy

I had some lights and equipment laying around and decided i might as well put it to some use.
Equipment
65w x 2 PC lighting
300gph overflow w/mag 3 return pump
12gal wetdry filter with built in skimmer
mj1200
30 ish lbs of crushed coral/sand mixture about 75/25
not sure how much that rock weights i just pulled those from my 265.
Its been up and running 5 days now and i have yet to detect any ammonia, i have been ghost feeding everyday. The rock and sand came from an established system so there may be no cycle involved.
Not even sure what im gonna do with this tank at the moment, i currently have a 12 gal aquapod setup for my mantis, a 29 gal reef, and a 265 gal agro. I think i may just move my 29 gal reef into this tank because i dont like the biocube and just turn it into a QT tank.

yerboy

decide to just move my biocube to this tank because the lighting is better the filtration is much better and with it being a long there is just a bigger view of the tank.
Let me know what u think ... Enjoy

yerboy

wow 61 views and not 1 reply.. is my tank that ugly?
edit:
the stock list of livestock is
1 red firefish
1 yellow watchman
1 black clown goby
2 cleaner shrimp
1 pistol shrimp
and im thinking of adding some type of clown to finish off the fish list, not sure on what type as of yet.

clay12340

That is really nice looking setup. Especially for being cannibalized out of stuff just laying around. I agree with you on the 20L being a more impressive view than the cubes too. That frogspawn is nice looking as well. Most of the ones I see arn't as "bumpy" looking as that one.
Do you do anything special for your riccordias? Mine keep splitting instead of growing into those big 3-5" caps I see everyone else with. I just keep getting more and more 1" caps.

yerboy

Originally Posted by Clay12340
That is really nice looking setup. Especially for being cannibalized out of stuff just laying around. I agree with you on the 20L being a more impressive view than the cubes too. That frogspawn is nice looking as well. Most of the ones I see arn't as "bumpy" looking as that one.
Do you do anything special for your riccordias? Mine keep splitting instead of growing into those big 3-5" caps I see everyone else with. I just keep getting more and more 1" caps.
i just got those rics a couple weeks ago and thats how big they where when i got them so we will see how that goes. I had never seen a frogspawn like this one before either but it came up on the bay and i had to have it.

yerboy

Originally Posted by kclester
i think it looks great.........i would like to see your 265
my 265 isnt a reef, its my aggressive tank.
nothing really worth looking at in it other then the fish.

X

xrobbx03

Tank looks great. Just make sure you keep that crushed coral substrate nice and clean because CC is a great place for nitrates to build up and cause problems.

X

xrobbx03

By the way I love the Jack Daniels bottle being used for the skimmers waste collector

yerboy

Originally Posted by xrobbx03
By the way I love the Jack Daniels bottle being used for the skimmers waste collector

thanks! seems i have quite a few of those 1/2 gallons laying around. Now if i can just figure out how to turn one into a nano.

yerboy

here are a few more up to date pics and pics that take us up to date I built a simple canopy and put in a 150W Mh