Yerboy's rimless SPS build

rlablan

If you have the money to do it, then do it!! You seem to already have most of your equipment like skimmer and such... If there is money in the bodget, then go for it. It will make it that much nicer of a set up.

yerboy

Well my 10 bulb ATI powermodule should be here Friday and my 2 mp40s are on there way also.
Movers will be here next Tuesday 26th to pack up my junk so it wont be long before this build gets underway.

rlablan

Well, she gets a new house, and you get a new tank :)
Let her buy a couch and drapes and dishes.... That will make her happy enough. Or send her out to the spa day, on the day you assemble this set up. That's what I get when my BF does his nonesense car crap. If I am not there to witness it, I don't get mad about what I "don't see". lol

yerboy

well its been a while since i updated this.
So far im all moved into my new home, my tank should be ready for pickup in 2 weeks or so. I decided on the 190 48x36x24 rimless with 3 sides starfire.
My new 5 stage RO with duel DI came today along with my BRS GFO Carbon reactor and 100lbs of there reef saver rock.
All of my lifestock moved in with a local reefer i found on another forum that lives about 5 miles from me so i can go see my fish and corals whenever i want.
So in 2-3 more weeks expect to see some photos being posted as i start moving the tank in.

rlablan

Lmao... Get us some pics of something else to look at then while we wait

We need something to keep our attention. haha

yerboy

ok since you guys want pics here you go.
As im waiting on my tank to be built i set my 20L back up so i could get my fish back from my buddy before he sets up his new 300 gallon.
since i didn't take any pics of what my 20L looks like now with nothing but a few pieces of rock in it i decided to post what it used to look like all setup back in the day.

And while i needed some type of circulation to get the water moving i put my 2 vortech MP40s into the 20L and here is what it looks like on reefcrest mode

rlablan

That last pic didn't show up.
That 20 is awesome looking though. I Can't wait to see what the big boy is gonna look like.