Yerboy's rimless SPS build

yerboy

need to get some new pics up. Lost one of my 3 year old clowns to what i think was brook, lost my kole tang to a mouth infection, and im fighting an AEFW infestation after the installment of the 3 colonies in the post above....

al&burke

I am just curious do you FW dip your corals, I just started bying some acros. Your tank looks great, love the rimless type.

yerboy

i havent been doing anything but now i will be doing a coralRX dip on any new coral before its placed in the tank.

al&burke

I dipped a new acro the other day and off come an acro crab, didn't know they were good until it was too late.

btldreef

Ugh, I hate flatworms! I have to agree, the only colonies I had that weren't effected were ones with acro crabs. I have since bought acro crabs from my LFS (they get wild colonies and every one of them has at least one crab in it) and all of my SPS has at least once crab now. That combined with the sixline, and now mystery wrasse and a mandarin th at eats them, has really helped. Of course, dipping in Lugol's or similar products is always a good idea, but we all learn the hard way

Good luck!

yerboy

Wish i could get the white balance correct. It's not even close to that blue. sadly i forgot how to use my camera apparently.

spanko

Set the white balance to 10k if you can set it on your camera. Or shoot in RAW mode and do some post processing with Photoshop, Microsoft Picture It or some other photo processing software.