Yet another reason to ban assault weapons

bionicarm

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3004923
Based on some of your posts I don't believe you have owned enough guns to know the difference between automatic and semi automatic guns. That or you are intentionally making false assertions. What is the difference between Joe Schmo loading up an UZI or a Rugar Ranch Riffle except for the fact the Rugar is more powerful and not considered an Assault weapon under the Clinton ban?
There are a whole lot more Joe Schmos playing Mario Andretti in their cars with their beer drinking buddies than playing Rambo with guns.
Those dead guys who have been quoted are the ones who wrote the rules. You keep misstating their intent and Vici is providing you with the information showing what their intent really was. A whole lot of the people responsible for the Constitution and Bill of Rights feared what could happen if the central government was too powerful. The stated rational for allowing gun ownership is a check lest the Federal government slip into tyranny. They originally opposed the formation of a standing army for the same reason.
And as luck would have it you aren't the one who gets to decide what the proper type of firearm us citizens can own. And I didn't say the Mexican Cartels aren't in this country. I said they don't pull out so-called assault weapons and shoot it out with police here.

You seem to be stuck on this car analogy to justify your need to own guns that aren't designed to be used for home protection, hunting, or target practice for that matter (Uzi's not the most accurate weapon out there). LOOK AT THE NUMBERS. THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE DRIVING CARS EVERYDAY THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO SHOOT GUNS. How many times to I need to tell you this before it registers?
Those rules the dead guys wrote are also subject to modification. It's ridiculous to think a society has to resort to gun violence in order quell a powerful central government. That's why we have a Democracy. Instead of guns, we have the power of the vote. This country and its citizens have become too advanced, and have a better understanding of the government than you take them for. There is no one individual, or group of individuals, who work for The People in the Federal Government that are too powerful, and couldn't be removed from office without force. It's moronic to think anyone would have to go to the extremes of using guns to control a tyrannical government in this country. Don't try using examples of other countries that have resorted to violence to justify your means. You know as well as I do, many of these Middle Eastern, Slovik, and Far East countries that are at war with their governments are not ruled by a Democracy. So yes, there IS a difference. That's what I love about the gun fanatics like yourself. Use the wording of the 2nd Amendment whereby the citizens of this country MAY have to resort to gun violence to quell a powerful government to justify owning a personal weapon, when we all know something like that would NEVER happen in this day and age.
I'm not the one to decide? Sorry dude. I have the same voting power as you. Unite enough Americans that can defeat the powerful NRA gun lobbyists, and you can convince Congressmen to vote to modify gun ownership laws. Band enough people who've had enough with gun violence in this country, and have a decree to amend the 2nd. Of course it has to be ratified by 2/3rd's of the states, but gather enough state votes and the 2nd Amendment is changed. See how a Democracy works?

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3004891
Learn to read. My first comment was a response to reefraff. OK. So it's supposedly 1%. That 1% more than ZERO. So as long as you can own a gun, you could care less who gets killed by one, no matter what the circumstances are. Why shouldn't
LOL i can read just fine,but your all over the place in fantasy land.
I am a human being ,i do care when people die weather it be by a gun i can own or a car i can own or alcohol i can own or the sun that caused cancer or age that caused death......Law abiding citizens dont use their guns ,cars or alcohol..... unlawfully so i dont know what to tell you .Maybe you should build yourself a Teflon bubble and live in it.
Why shouldn't I be able to catch my pursuit of happiness? I can't because you want to own a gun? Last time I checked, you didn't run this country.
If you are claiming that you cant attain happiness because people own guns? You may want to seek out some counseling. You have the right to Pursue Happiness but are not guaranteed it.

"The right to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
Nice liitle open-ended phrase at the end of the 1st Amendment. Pretty much opens up any issue the American people would have aginst the government's policies - i.e. Automatic death sentence for any crime committed with a gun.
If you prefer, defer to the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Amendments on this issue. They all apply as well...
Petition away however i dont wish you luck.Defer to the 5th,6th,7th.8th..... but remember not to forget about the 2nd.thats the one that defends all of them.
I think one of those dead old guys called it "the peoples Liberty Teeth."

veni vidi vici

http:///forum/post/3005087
You seem to be stuck on this car analogy to justify your need to own guns that aren't designed to be used for home protection, hunting, or target practice for that matter (Uzi's not the most accurate weapon out there). LOOK AT THE NUMBERS. THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE DRIVING CARS EVERYDAY THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO SHOOT GUNS. How many times to I need to tell you this before it registers?
reefraff please explain to Bionic that the 2nd Amendment isnt to protect my right to target shoot and hunt.
BTW Bionic we are not a Democracy.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3005087
Those rules the dead guys wrote are also subject to modification. It's ridiculous to think a society has to resort to gun violence in order quell a powerful central government. That's why we have a Democracy. Instead of guns, we have the power of the vote. This country and its citizens have become too advanced, and have a better understanding of the government than you take them for. There is no one individual, or group of individuals, who work for The People in the Federal Government that are too powerful, and couldn't be removed from office without force. It's moronic to think anyone would have to go to the extremes of using guns to control a tyrannical government in this country. Don't try using examples of other countries that have resorted to violence to justify your means. You know as well as I do, many of these Middle Eastern, Slovik, and Far East countries that are at war with their governments are not ruled by a Democracy. So yes, there IS a difference. That's what I love about the gun fanatics like yourself. Use the wording of the 2nd Amendment whereby the citizens of this country MAY have to resort to gun violence to quell a powerful government to justify owning a personal weapon, when we all know something like that would NEVER happen in this day and age.
I'm not the one to decide? Sorry dude. I have the same voting power as you. Unite enough Americans that can defeat the powerful NRA gun lobbyists, and you can convince Congressmen to vote to modify gun ownership laws. Band enough people who've had enough with gun violence in this country, and have a decree to amend the 2nd. Of course it has to be ratified by 2/3rd's of the states, but gather enough state votes and the 2nd Amendment is changed. See how a Democracy works?
Like I said, THANK GOD YOU DONT GET TO DECIDE. I am happy with the law as it stands, you're the one who wants to remove my rights. And by the way Mr. Constitution, it takes 3/4's of the states to ratify an Amendment. See how it works
It's anti gun zealots like yourself who want to take away safe and legal weapons from law abiding citizens that makes it harder to pass common sense gun laws. They were successful in slipping in several provisions to the 1994 gun grab during the house and senate reconciliation that Republican and several rural Democrat senators were promised wouldn't be included if they supported the ban. Notice Baucus and Nelson both announced their opposition to renewing the ban early on? They learned from their mistake.
You don't think it's possible for a government to take away people's rights? Tell that to the German Jews of the 1930's. And it really doesn't matter what I think regarding the reasons the second amendment was created. And I hate to crush your world but your opinion doesn't matter either. It was one of the stated reasons those who wrote and supported the second amendment placed it in our constitution. It really doesn't matter if they placed it there because they though a muzzle loader looked cool hanging over the fireplace, it's there and hopefully to stay.
How is a Semi Automatic weapon which can be safely stored with no bullets in it yet be ready for action in a matter of a couple of seconds when the clip is slid in place not a great home defense weapon? I am sure burglars and the guys who do home invasions hate the idea of having a AK 47 shoved in their face on the job but oh well, every occupation has it's risks.
What does it matter if more people drive cars than own guns? If people are dying shouldn't the objective be to prevent the source of the most deaths rather than pushing a political agenda? Oh silly me, you are a Liberal, why would you serve the good of the people rather than simply pushing a political agenda.

bionicarm

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
http:///forum/post/3005102
reefraff please explain to Bionic that the 2nd Amendment isnt to protect my right to target shoot and hunt.
BTW Bionic we are not a Democracy.
We're not a Democracy? Maybe not in your eyes. If we're not a Democracy, then those documents you keep relying on are meaningless pieces of paper. Quit referring to them to support youe ideologies. I thought that's what your 2nd Amendment was supposed to protect. You jump around on your beliefs so much, I can't figure out what point you're trying to get across.
I think we've run this puppy as far as it can go. You two just stay here and dream the American dream of gun ownership. I actually have more important things to do.

darthtang aw

http:///forum/post/3005333
We're not a Democracy? .
It is called a representative republic. See the difference is, in a true democracy, the people vote on everything. In our form of government we vote on the people that get to vote for everything.
There is a difference.....as the people voted for then get to vote for a number of years however they feel, regardless of what the people want. In the other form, it is all up to the people and the majority.
In a true democracy, every citizen would not be allowed a vote, just those that own property as it originally was set up. slavery would never have been abolished at the time. Women would not have gained the right to vote or rights for that matter at the time, and blacks wouldn't have equal rights either. This country would be very different if it was a true democracy as how it was set up a good majority of people were not allowed to vote on anything, those that could vote, would have kept it that way.

darthtang aw

You comment on the power of the vote to be used against a tyrannical government.
You also act as if our country could not get tyrannical....
Yet you have claimed in the past that Bush stole the election from Gore and didn't win off the vote count.
Which is it....our vote has power, or if a guy wants to cheat and take away our rights he can do it.....you need to get your arguments straight. If an election can be rigged...what recourse is left to the people then?

veni vidi vici

http:///forum/post/3005333
We're not a Democracy? Maybe not in your eyes. If we're not a Democracy, then those documents you keep relying on are meaningless pieces of paper. Quit referring to them to support youe ideologies. I thought that's what your 2nd Amendment was supposed to protect. You jump around on your beliefs so much, I can't figure out what point you're trying to get across.
I think we've run this puppy as far as it can go. You two just stay here and dream the American dream of gun ownership. I actually have more important things to do.
Thats right we are a Republic so says the Founders ,Read US History,Read what our founders said ,they said Democracys are doomed to fail.Click on the link I pasted and pay attention,its really very informative.
So do you surrender gun hater ?lol

bionicarm

Originally Posted by Veni Vidi Vici
http:///forum/post/3005558
Thats right we are a Republic so says the Founders ,Read US History,Read what our founders said ,they said Democracys are doomed to fail.Click on the link I pasted and pay attention,its really very informative.
So do you surrender gun hater ?lol
Surrender to you?
Keep on believeing you have intellect. I imagine all your right-winger friends here will back you up.

Actually, I went digging around some old boxes I had in the garage. Found an old AR-15 lower receiver my brother and I 'played around with' about 25 years ago. Think I'll give him a call to see if he has any other spare parts lying around. It's almost been that many years since I almost ripped a mule deer in half with this same lower receiver down in Terlingua. Man does that bring back memories.
Hey Vici. Maybe we can start a Get Rid Of The Non-Democracy Tyrannical Government Club? We can start stocking up and get ready to 'lock and load' whenever you're ready. Gotta protect that 2nd Amendment!!!

veni vidi vici

http:///forum/post/3005924
Surrender to you?
Keep on believeing you have intellect. I imagine all your right-winger friends here will back you up.

Actually, I went digging around some old boxes I had in the garage. Found an old AR-15 lower receiver my brother and I 'played around with' about 25 years ago. Think I'll give him a call to see if he has any other spare parts lying around. It's almost been that many years since I almost ripped a mule deer in half with this same lower receiver down in Terlingua. Man does that bring back memories.
Hey Vici. Maybe we can start a Get Rid Of The Non-Democracy Tyrannical Government Club? We can start stocking up and get ready to 'lock and load' whenever you're ready. Gotta protect that 2nd Amendment!!!
WOW! How ironic.....Its amazing.....How coincidental.....
I have just found and old AR-15 Upper Half that me and my Grandpappy used to hunt Sasquatch with.And ironicaly it to was packed in some boxes in my garage.
Do you think we could have a "cume bah yah"moment? You know like the REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup commercials"You got peanut butter in my chocolate"
It could be so cool.... we could put flowers in the barrel....and wear those neat peace symbols.... and the maybe squeeze off a few rounds and kill some of those evil Global Warming Green House Gasses.

BTW Good Morning to you

reefforbrains

um....so....eh...the evil black rifle parts are for sale? I could rid you both of those pesky items.
I would even give my word that no sasquach will be harmed.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
http:///forum/post/3006036
um....so....eh...the evil black rifle parts are for sale? I could rid you both of those pesky items.
I would be willing to trade you,if you have a warhead for my LAWS rocket.I have the launcher the the rocket ,but no warhead.
I need one because i want to go hunting for Moth man.

reefforbrains

............lemme go check in my garage!
Hey who would have thought!!! I was going through some old boxes and it was not until I actually saw it that I remembered when my "crazy" uncle asked me to hold some items for him all those years ago. We had completley overlooked it when we moved into this house. Turns out we just passed up unpacking it so it was just sitting there tangled up in some old christmas lights and a velvet picture of some dogs playing pool. It should be still good, it was tightly wrapped in an old "Who Farted?" T-shirt.
I will send it right out.

veni vidi vici

http:///forum/post/3006047
............lemme go check in my garage!
Hey who would have thought!!! I was going through some old boxes and it was not until I actually saw it that I remembered when my "crazy" uncle asked me to hold some items for him all those years ago. We had completley overlooked it when we moved into this house. Turns out we just passed up unpacking it so it was just sitting there tangled up in some old christmas lights and a velvet picture of some dogs playing pool. It should be still good, it was tightly wrapped in an old "Who Farted?" T-shirt.
I will send it right out.
lol

bionicarm

http:///forum/post/3006036
What parts do you need? I have a lower receiver, a stock, and can acquire several types of barrels if you need them. AR-15 parts aren't hard to come by. Go hang out at any gun show and pick up what you want.

veni vidi vici

http:///forum/post/3006068
What parts do you need? I have a lower receiver, a stock, and can acquire several types of barrels if you need them. AR-15 parts aren't hard to come by. Go hang out at any gun show and pick up what you want.
I shoot lefty so I have found Stag Arms can a does fill most of my needs.

bionicarm

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3006170
This is a classic example of my issue with liberals. While 90 percent of the guns traced to the U.S. actually originated in the United States, the percent traced to the U.S. is only about 17 percent of the total number of guns reaching Mexico.
They have to twist facts, omit key data, just to create even a horrible argument for their positions.
By you're definition, everyone is a liberal now, even the guy you voted for instead of Obama. MAJORITY RULES!! Live with it or move somewhere else that is more aligned with your viewpoints and ideologies.