You know your a fishkeeper when...

tirtza

Some previous posts included these.....
1. you sneak around your house with a small flashlight so as to not disturb your fish's night time...
2. You know you’re a fish keeper when you are more knowledgeable then the employee’s
at *****.
3. When someone mentions shrimp, you don't think of the tasty cooking kind.
5. You spend more time researching saltwater aquariums than you do on your work or homework.
6. you hide your receipts from your husband
7. Your addicted to reading these message boards on swf 24/7
8. you dream about setting up and doing maintenance work on your aquarium.
They definitely all apply to me....and I can add a few more that weren't already mentioned...
9. While house hunting, one of your prime considerations is 'where can I put my current tank?' and "where can I put the 150 gallon + that I plan on having one day?"
>
10. I'd much rather have coral or fish then any traditional romantic gift for Valentines Day
11. The guys at my LFS aren't as "friendly" as they used to be.....(there's not much useless stuff they can convince me I "need" now because I'm not as easily duped as I once was!)
12. You go to your local public aquarium and start pointing out and naming everything
13. You plan a special visit to San Antonio, Texas just to visit Sea World

S

smallreef

well I haven't been through all of the pages but for me....
You know your an ADDICTED fishkeeper when...
Your looking for a job and all you keep applying for is jobs at an LFS so you can get a discount or fish credit!

S

saxman

Let's see...
You marry another fishkeeper who is also a "serious" aquarist.
You have 14 setups running and more in the works.
You start a "specialty" fish website because it's "needed".
You spend your "non-aquarium chore" free time writing articles on the fish you keep.
You use binomial names as a course of habit.
You're in the 5th tier for electricity pricing.
Neither of you even WANT to know how much money is spent on the hobby.

snakeblitz33

Nice additions.
You know your a fish keeper when your significant other stops asking "how much was that?"
When you buy a controller for your fish tank that texts you to tell you it's problems.
Your fish tank costs more than you car.
In your free time, you search frag sites for the perfect centerpiece.
Your only friends are fellow reefkeepers
You buy an iPhone just so you can post on swf.com on your lunch break at work.

tirtza

Quote:
When you buy a controller for your fish tank that texts you to tell you it's problems.
I haven't put swf.com on my iPhone yet....but I like the idea and I'll do it tonight!

xcali1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/309627/you-know-your-a-fishkeeper-when/60#post_3456111
Nice additions.
You know your a fish keeper when your significant other stops asking "how much was that?"
Your fish tank costs more than you car.

In your free time, you search frag sites for the perfect centerpiece.

Your only friends are fellow reefkeepers
You buy an iPhone just so you can post on swf.com on your lunch break at work.
Love my Apex!
---
When you start buying fish and coral from guys with tanks in their garage! (true!)
When your friends start to ask if you can get your hands on illegal fish! (also true)
When you get mad at your car for breaking down because now you can afford the coral you have been saving for! (also true)
When your 240G 8-foot tank starts to look too small. (smaller and smaller each day)
When you have more fish food in your house than real food. (noticed that the other night)
When you talk to your fish more than you talk to humans.
When you control your house temp based off the tank temp.
When you wake up 4 hours after the lights are off to hand feed each individual coral in the tank! (sooo true)
When you have 10 chromis and name them all and start to look for "defects" on them to identify them!!!!!!!!!!

snakeblitz33

You know your a fish keeper when your controller texts you more than your friends.
Lol. Nice additions y'all.

tirtza

You know you are a fish keeper when you flip out and start yelling at your husband because he just set the 'aquarium' gloves in the kitchen sink (thus probably contaminating them with household cleaners). Don't worry I threw the gloves away and gave him a lecture about cross contamination. It's the biggest argument we've had in over a month!

D

diaslamasl

Hi I'm pretty sure my neighbours across the street think the "eerie blue glow" coming out of the basement windows is a grow op.

light fixture

reefkprz

you know you are a fishkeeper when:
the little wheel on your electric meter spins faster than a skillsaw blade.
when the electric company send s you thank you cards every time you upgrade your tank
they have to replace your electric meter on the side of your house because it keeps wearing out bearings.
you mention upgrading something in the tank and the wife states that she can hear the electric bill getting higher.
you drive super slow by any house with the telltale blue glow trying to see what kind of tank it is.....

lngliv3

You know your a real fish keeper, when the Local police beat on your door with guns drawn screaming, police search warrant open the door or we will break in down...You open the door with your hands up, so scared you wanna cry and wet your pants... They take a look at your fish tank and start asking you questions... My hands still in the air and standing facing the wall .... True story happened to me 8 years ago... I would always get a few that stopped by to talk and look at the tank, till duty called... Kinda weird cracking open a iced cold adult beverage in front of the PO PO..

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefkprZ http:///t/309627/you-know-your-a-fishkeeper-when/60#post_3456342
you know you are a fishkeeper when:
the little wheel on your electric meter spins faster than a skillsaw blade.
when the electric company send s you thank you cards every time you upgrade your tank
they have to replace your electric meter on the side of your house because it keeps wearing out bearings.
you mention upgrading something in the tank and the wife states that she can hear the electric bill getting higher.
you drive super slow by any house with the telltale blue glow trying to see what kind of tank it is.....
Now that's funny!!!!!!!!

xcali1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by lngliv3 http:///t/309627/you-know-your-a-fishkeeper-when/60#post_3457239
You know your a real fish keeper, when the Local police beat on your door with guns drawn screaming, police search warrant open the door or we will break in down...You open the door with your hands up, so scared you wanna cry and wet your pants... They take a look at your fish tank and start asking you questions... My hands still in the air and standing facing the wall .... True story happened to me 8 years ago... I would always get a few that stopped by to talk and look at the tank, till duty called... Kinda weird cracking open a iced cold adult beverage in front of the PO PO..
Happens to me anytime someone knocks on the door, deliveries, repair men, even the landlord spent 30 minutes looking over the tank. LOL!