benztech

you know your addicted when....
you shop at Home Depot for your fishtank twice a week
you know your addicted when....
your kitchen is turned into a workshop for your tank
LOL!!

J

jdragunas

when you spend more time caring for, and are more worried for your sick fish than you are for your sick children...

petieaztec

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
When you are about ready to punch someone when they say "Do you have a nemofish?"
yeah i cringe when i hear that. and feel like cursing at them in a language they don't understand.

J

jdragunas

now, i don't understand why that irritates people so much. People that don't have a clue about saltwater fish don't know the proper name of a 'nemofish', and you shouldn't expect them to, because they're not into saltwaterfish... it's like a car mechanic getting mad at everyone for not knowing the proper name of all of your car parts... it's not fair. JMO

petieaztec

Originally Posted by jdragunas
now, i don't understand why that irritates people so much. People that don't have a clue about saltwater fish don't know the proper name of a 'nemofish', and you shouldn't expect them to, because they're not into saltwaterfish... it's like a car mechanic getting mad at everyone for not knowing the proper name of all of your car parts... it's not fair. JMO

they call my doggie pooch too. no me gusta.

petieaztec

you know jd i don't really know why it bothers me so much but everytime i hear it i cringe. it is a natural reaction. i wish i could be cool with them calling my kids nemos but i have this crazy twitch when they say it. i think it is my devlish side speaking out. :help:

J

jdragunas

lol. do you black out when you hear it, and then wake up the next day covered in blood??? I can so see that happening...

celacanthr

Well, I would find it acceptable if they called them clownfish, or tang....and it is even mentioned in the movie...

yimmy

When your friends say you need a gill(moorish idol from Finding Nemo). then I punch them. I then feel bad and they ask for ice and i say i don't have ice but heres some blood worms you can hold on there.

J

jdragunas

... do you guys also get mad when kids call trains 'choo choo's'???

yimmy

depends how old they are...im 15. When another 15 year old say O look its nemo, then they start tapping on the glass. Our neighbors who were 6-8yrs old when they said its nemo, thats fine cuz the don't know better.

petieaztec

Originally Posted by jdragunas
... do you guys also get mad when kids call trains 'choo choo's'???
negative on that one. i don't know what my problem is. i think i might need a shrink :hilarious

J

jdragunas

lol.... don't we all???
and you can't expect people that don't know anything about saltwater fish to know the proper names of all of the fish... it's like a car mechanic expecting everyone to know all of the car parts... like a loan officer expecting their customer to know what DR and LTV stand for... it doesn't make sense, that's all...

J

jdragunas

when your nigtmares consist of having a tang in a 55 gallon tank, but the LFS won't take it back!!! (i had that one last night...
)

petieaztec

When you jump out of bed in the middle of the night thinking that your tank is overflowing but realize it's just the rain outside.
then before you go to work and are late check everything from temp to filter function.

J

jdragunas

i'm late to work every morning because i feed my fish before i leave, and then get caught up in staring at my tank... next thing i know, i'm 1/2 hour late... hahahaha