You Know You're Addicted When...

J

jdragunas

lmao... maybe when you're already teaching your newborn baby daughter everything you know about saltwater fish... Now that's called an epaulette shark... brooklyn, can you say epaulette? I swear, that's going to be her first words!!!

T

tizzo

I just got blasted by my syphon hose the other day...nasty!!
JD, I have seen a web sight that teaches how to dry out your dead fish/starfish and put them in a shadowbox and hang them on display. Now THAT'S an addict!
Now your all thinking what a wonderful idea it is and if you can do it...

J

jdragunas

actually i'm not at that point yet... that's really kinda yucky... but i'm sure there's people out there that have taken their dead fish to a taxydermist (sp???), and now they have stuffed fish hanging on their wall... they call it their "tribute to the great ones that have left us"...

rgmason

You know your an addict when you get off the forums at 2 am and go sit in front of your tank when you have to be to work at 6am. By the way Tizz thats a good idea!

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by jdragunas
lmao... maybe when you're already teaching your newborn baby daughter everything you know about saltwater fish... Now that's called an epaulette shark... brooklyn, can you say epaulette? I swear, that's going to be her first words!!!
Think I could put floaties on her and let her swim in my tank? Baby scuba??

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by jcrim
Think I could put floaties on her and let her swim in my tank? Baby scuba??
i always get in trouble at work because of your little comments like this!!! LMAO!

squidd

When you go to "Marine World" with the kids and point out a few fish and start talking about the characteristics, habitat and feeding habits... and by the third tank....
You have a group of 20 following you around...thinking your a Marine world "Guide" or something giving a tour...

aw2

When you spend $60 - $80 per week, on salmon, grouper, squid and octopus for your fish to eat.....in the meantime, you're cooking yourself Ramen, on the stove and eating from the dollar menu, at McDonalds.
When you're at a public aquarium explaining scientific names, eating habits, mating habits, etc. of certain fish, to your girlfriend and you have a group of people start to ask you questions because they think you work there.

speg

Man.. you spend $80 per week on fish food? No offense... but you are the weakest link..... goodbye.
Whats more impressive is that... you have a girlfriend ;)

darth tang

Originally Posted by Speg
Man.. you spend $80 per week on fish food? No offense... but you are the weakest link..... goodbye.
Whats more impressive is that... you have a girlfriend ;)

Weakest link? I would think you would be since you actually believe that dollar amount.
;)
When you have 3-4 empty tanks laying around "just in case", for the last two years and never even think about selling them since you "might" use them someday. Yet you still buy new tanks for your new set ups when you do.

speg

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
Weakest link? I would think you would be since you actually believe that dollar amount.
;)
Why wouldnt I believe it? Does he lie often?

darth tang

Originally Posted by Speg
Why wouldnt I believe it? Does he lie often?

Some of these are fictional. For instance, tasting the difference between IO and Oceanic tank water. Saltwater taste like saltwater...there is no difference unless the salt content is higher in the water or lower...but they both taste the same. Trust me, I know. They are meant to be funny or extreme. A few of them are actually true or could be. But a few aren't.
60-80 dollars on food for fish a week while not impossible, most likely is false based off what I remember what AW2 has. I could be wrong however.......but I doubt he eats Ramen and Mcdonalds dollar menu due to his fish habit. See my point.

speg

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
See my point.
No.
I guess the only way to find out for sure is letting him repost in response to all this.
FYI I eat off the Dollar Menu at McDonalds all the time.. because I <3 Spicey McChickens ;)

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by Squidd
When you go to "Marine World" with the kids and point out a few fish and start talking about the characteristics, habitat and feeding habits... and by the third tank....
You have a group of 20 following you around...thinking your a Marine world "Guide" or something giving a tour...
that one made me laugh out loud!!!

J

jdragunas

i eat off the dollar menu because everything's only a dollar... and because i LOVE double cheeseburgers... actually, i'm surprised i'm not insanely overweight...

speg

Originally Posted by jdragunas
i eat off the dollar menu because everything's only a dollar... and because i LOVE double cheeseburgers... actually, i'm surprised i'm not insanely overweight...
If you get fat from eatting at McDonalds just sue them like that last person did...
"Hi, I overeat constantly here at McDonalds... and now im fat... give me money?"