You Know You're Addicted When...

grapefruit

they have kept deleting my posts for no apparent reason and yet its funny and sad at the same time :notsure:
:notsure:

ruaround

Originally Posted by Yimmy
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA That's funny...I had a dream last night that I had popeye.
Dang, I bet Olive Oyl was very angry and jealous!!! :hilarious
you know you are addicted when your idea of a vacation is going to look for cool new things for your aquarium at pet stores.

J

jdragunas

lol... ru, you make me laugh! hahahahaha
when you schedule your days at amusement parks around you fish's eating schedule because no one else can "do it right"... we can leave at 12:00 but we have to be home by 6:00... i don't want the fish to think i've abandoned them (it's an hour drive)...
when you give up free concert tickets because you can't find a "fish sitter"

ruaround

Originally Posted by jdragunas
lol... ru, you make me laugh! hahahahaha
LOL...I try jd

your spouse gives you the option of your tanks going into the garage or you going into the garage, and you decide to put your bed out there instead of your tanks.

so_major

Originally Posted by AW2
When you spend $60 - $80 per week, on salmon, grouper, squid and octopus for your fish to eat.....in the meantime, you're cooking yourself Ramen, on the stove and eating from the dollar menu, at McDonalds.
When you're at a public aquarium explaining scientific names, eating habits, mating habits, etc. of certain fish, to your girlfriend and you have a group of people start to ask you questions because they think you work there.

That's just sad. You know your obsessed when it comes to that point. sounds like you are.

ruaround

when you spend $200.+ on a water filtration system...and you are still drinking tap water
when you offer a guest a glass of water out of the tap...all the while there is 20 gal in the cupboard waiting for the water change...

ruaround

when your girlfriend (significant other or spouse) calls you and asks what do you want for dinner, and you say i dont know but could you stop by the LFS and pick up food for the fish...LOL just happened!!!

waterpolo

Originally Posted by ruaround
when your girlfriend (significant other or spouse) calls you and asks what do you want for dinner, and you say i dont know but could you stop by the LFS and pick up food for the fish...LOL just happened!!!

I would just call that responcibility with you having a hungry stomach as well.

mistergn10

Originally Posted by matty0h_52
I once read one that said
you know your addicted when you come home from a 10 hour day and head straight for the tank first thing before saying hi to the wife (G/F) and, or kids
Guilty haha

sharkboy97

When u sit in class all day designing dream tanks
when u sit in class all day designing sumps
when u get home and ur mom asked you what u learned and u reply " Mom you gotta look at this new sump i designed"
You spend more on your tank than anything else

crox

.....when you are very busy at work and spend most of the day surfing for fishes on line.
:cheer: :cheer:

stsweene

not quite dating a LFS worker, but I did get a job at my LFS cleaning the tanks and maintaining the SW section to get the 20% discount when i first set up my tank. And I always got first choice when the shipments came in since I was usually there, which was cruel but very sweet....
haha, I usually ended up paying him to work there after my weekly purchaes....

waterpolo

Originally Posted by stsweene
not quite dating a LFS worker, but I did get a job at my LFS cleaning the tanks and maintaining the SW section to get the 20% discount when i first set up my tank. And I always got first choice when the shipments came in since I was usually there, which was cruel but very sweet....
haha, I usually ended up paying him to work there after my weekly purchaes....
How big is your tank if you get weekly purchases?