young reefers tank contest

fanker

okay this is for teenagers under 18. i want to see what everybodys tank looks like.
so post a pic or 2 of ur tank with specs.ie. size, lighting, filtration, and whats in it.
comeon i know there are some young reefers here!

fanker

ill go first. i have a 55g with 5x28w t-5s, my filtration is just a penguin 330, and a seaclone skimmer, but soon better. i have candy canes, hammers, frogspawn, bubbles and shrooms and zooz. a maroon clown, a pink spotted sleeper goby, and a cleaner shrimp

i built the stand and hood myself. the stand still needs doors though...o ya and i just turned 16

fanker

thanks ive had it since 2000, but the tank has scratches but right next to it (u cant see in the pic) i have a new 55g RR from AGA and a 35g sump im goin to put in real soon

emperor11

This is my 55 gallon reef. By the way, I'm 13. And, my tank is TOTALLY self-funded.
Tank size:55 gallons
Lighting:4x40 watt NO fluorescent lighting (2x10k, 2xactinic)
Filtration: 1xaquaclear 300, 1xaquaclear 200, 1xlee's counter current protein skimmer
Fish list:2 clowns, 1 blue devil damsel, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 yellow tang (dont worry, i have plans for him when he outgrows my tank), and 1 diadema pseudochromis
Did I miss anything?

emperor11

Originally Posted by Mr_Bill
self funded!!!?
Now thats impressive, I have to ask my wife for cash.
Yep...I just take everything REALLY REALLY slowly. I use money from my birthday and christmas for my tank, and every once in a while, I get 5 bucks or whatever, for subbing for my neighbor's paper route.
Plus, there's always mowing the lawn, and doing other chores and stuff.

emperor11

Originally Posted by fanker
we win....idk we have to wait for more reefers than see who has the best tank
Yep. BTW, Fanker, nice tank!! It looks really nice. Can't wait to see that reef in the new 55, without those two big old scratches!

fanker

ya my birthdays on thurs so im goin to use my money to buy all my loc-line, and im hopping to get tek 4x54w t-5s

enyates

Originally Posted by Emperor11
Yep...I just take everything REALLY REALLY slowly. I use money from my birthday and christmas for my tank, and every once in a while, I get 5 bucks or whatever, for subbing for my neighbor's paper route.
Plus, there's always mowing the lawn, and doing other chores and stuff.
I need my lawn mowed... and can you babysit??.... how about doing the dishes??.. LOL..

emperor11

Originally Posted by enyates
I need my lawn mowed... and can you babysit??.... how about doing the dishes??.. LOL..
I'd sooooo do it, if you didn't live in PA! I live in Michigan...

mileto

here is mine just a small one to start of with its only a 10 gal but its goin good only one death in 9 months not bad i rekon for sch a small tank. i am 15 and have got a part time job to pay for my tank i am upgrading next month to a bigger tank so it should be good
tank:aqua one 320
live rock,pc lighting, nemo clown lol, royal dottyback, yellow tail damsel and 2 torch corals

zanoshanox

I'm gonna be 16 on Friday its a 20 gl reef with PC's...Not too great but i'm working on makin it better all the time

emperor11

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Emperor11: Wheres the Angelfish ??? lol
I've had several. At that time, I didn't have any. The tank was relatively new in that picture. LOL Which angel are you speaking of? As I said before, over the years, I have had a ton of them.