Zooanthid growth Race!!!!

grumpygils

Originally Posted by GhettoTang
So far looking good. Those people who frag the zoos what type of super glue did you use because when I bought my borwn zoos couple of peice fell off the rock and the guy from LFS said that I could use a super glue to glue it back. So I took the piece that fell off and glue back to differnt LR. About a week it open full then after another week or so they disappeared. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong.
Thnax
Jay

ANy type a crazy glue is fine. I use the thicker gel. If you frag alot, you can go to a hobby shop and by the "gap filler 10-15 second" type and it works great. Like 2 oz for $7. Should last a long time.
Mc

grumpygils

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
sure I believe that those frags grew new fullsized heads already... NOT.

oh and one question. how the heck do you get 8 10ths of a polyp?

I have the initial and the current pics on this site? Don't be a hater!
Mc

renogaw

Originally Posted by GhettoTang
So far looking good. Those people who frag the zoos what type of super glue did you use because when I bought my borwn zoos couple of peice fell off the rock and the guy from LFS said that I could use a super glue to glue it back. So I took the piece that fell off and glue back to differnt LR. About a week it open full then after another week or so they disappeared. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong.
Thnax
Jay
a lot of times the frags will grow a skin to replace the skin youve glued to and by doing so release themselves. Just keep an eye on them for anything that seems to be moving more than they should and reglue or better yet use an old stocking or wedding mesh

R

reefernana

Originally Posted by renogaw
a lot of times the frags will grow a skin to replace the skin youve glued to and by doing so release themselves. Just keep an eye on them for anything that seems to be moving more than they should and reglue or better yet use an old stocking or wedding mesh
Aha! So that's what my yellow polyps are doing. I just noticed the last couple of days that they are spreading out on the frag disc, on the outside of where they were glued. I've had them for almost a month. Started with 3 large and 1 baby, now have 3 large and 3 small with what looks like a new one starting. I glued the disc to a rock so that they would spread to the rock eventually. Is this what is happening do you think?

reefkprz

Originally Posted by grumpygils
I have the initial and the current pics on this site? Don't be a hater!
Mc
I'm just messing with you.

(mostly it jealousy over your sweet frag tank)

theappe3

Ok, Im not officially in the race, but wanted to do it for the fun of it cause i had some zoos floating around unattached so I decided to put them on a rock and monitor their growth. They are Orange centered zoos. I have three polyps on the rock. Here are the best pics I can take.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by saltn00b
unofficial entrant!!!!
Those polyps look to be a lot bigger than the dinky one's us professionals started with!
Mc

weberian

unofficial entrant!!!!
That's funny. Wish I had thought to enter unofficially.

isistius

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Those polyps look to be a lot bigger than the dinky one's us professionals started with!
Mc
so you're saying size DOES matter?!?!?

rockkapper

hay all i just tryed fragging butten polips took 9 from mother rock 3 have already opened just wanting to know how long it will take for them to recover thanks

theappe3

they should recover within hours. When I fragged the ones that you see on top, within a couple of hours they where open again. I took those pics the same day that I fragged.

renogaw

well, i have to post from work, since my computer at home won't turn on. I can't get the pic though from my camera onto my work computer, so i have it stored with the date on it.
not that anyone else is posting, especially RFB--seems he forgot about this thread or his little spiral light killed everything in the first day :p

grumpygils

Originally Posted by renogaw
well, i have to post from work, since my computer at home won't turn on. I can't get the pic though from my camera onto my work computer, so i have it stored with the date on it.
not that anyone else is posting, especially RFB--seems he forgot about this thread or his little spiral light killed everything in the first day :p

I saw RFB at the Wal Mart asking about Metal Halide/VHO/PC swirly bulb combos!
Mc

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by theappe3
Ok, Im not officially in the race, but wanted to do it for the fun of it cause i had some zoos floating around unattached so I decided to put them on a rock and monitor their growth. They are Orange centered zoos. I have three polyps on the rock. Here are the best pics I can take.

ha ! yes unofficial,but cool nonetheless

saltn00b

i will post new pics soon. my galaxia must not like the smell of the combo rock because i caught it red handed backhanding my entrants! not having a good reef-week :(

jennythebugg

i will post new pics soon. my galaxia must not like the smell of the combo rock because i caught it red handed backhanding my entrants! not having a good reef-week :(
i just thought you should know that grumpygils and reefkprz are passing around pms saying thats a losers excuse...
j/k