Obama to address nation?????????

mantisman51

It is in reponse to any silly eye for an eye comment. This isn't revenge, or else we'd have killed a whole lot more than 4 people. I am merely making the point that we are better than our enemy and killed an enemy who was out to kill more of us. Nothing more and nothing less. Anyone who would equate what we did in any way with the human debris of Ladens ilk are sorely out of touch with reality. Not you or anyone in particular, just anyone who thinks what we did was anything other than another death of an enemy in war time.

bang guy

I do not celebrate the retribution. We are defending ourselves and for that I am grateful that OBL has been exterminated. I am hoping this creates some level of deterence but in reality I don't believe that will happen, yet. I am still quite irritated that President Clinton didn't take care of this after the Trade Center was bombed. I am livid that President Bush chose invading Iraq over finishing the job of taking out OBL in Afganistan.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/40#post_3381273
I'm glad we got the SOB. It is an unequivocal victory for our SEALs and Our Lord and Savior. Best birthday present I've ever received. But as far as eye for an eye and "let's not be like the enemy", blah, blah, blah...We have enough nuclear weapons to send every one of them to hell. We have aircraft carriers that could rain fire on them anywhere in the world. We don't use our arsenal they way we could because we are better than them-the terrorists and the 5th century religion and society that spawns them. Killing the leader of a group that seeks to kill innocents is not eqivolent to the wholesale slaughter of men, women and children. I am nearly speechless to think anyone in America could stoop to that level, to publicly say stepping on a cockroach like Laden is somehow equivolent to what they do and why they do it. What do you think the 5th century throwbacks would do with our military power? Do you really think we act at all like these filthy animals?
You don't think before you speak at all...do you?
To our Lord and Savior these are not filthy dogs, they are a very misguided people. Our Lord and Savior said we will know our brothers by their love. Your seething post means you failed to express yourself as a believer. He would have had Gandhi’s attitude about war and just allow himself to be killed. That’s a tough act to follow…I couldn’t do it.

Gandhi had no understanding of an eye for an eye, because he was unfamiliar with the Bible at all. However he also said he liked our Jesus, it was the Christians he had a problem with. Now you can maybe see why.

An eye for an eye does not mean a physical eye, it means equal retribution. If you lost an eye in a fight, the other may not retaliate with taking the lives of everyone in the house, nor did the Israelites go around gouging out their eyes. However a monetary amount was established by the Judge appointed, and the one who did the damage had to pay the correct amount, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth means for the Judge to make sure all is equal. For the loss of an ox the Judge does not order the other to pay the price of a sheep.

I also wish they had gotten Bin Laden 9 years ago, it might have actually done some good then, by now his poison has spread. My statement was darker than you realize. For us to not rejoice and cause God’s hand to remain upon those who twist religion, we allow God to give our soldiers good hunting skills.

Not all followers of Islam are crazies like these zealots. They have a different religion, a different way of life. These “holy wars” are the result of people insisting everyone be just like them. They are not the first with such crazy ideas…The Catholics during the inquisition, the puritans who burned the witches or anyone else different from themselves…You get the idea, Christians who declare those who are not Christians are filthy dogs to erase the world of them (not just the terrorists, but the 5[sup]th[/sup] century religion, and the society that spawned them and all such nonsense. Hitler had such an idea too. That sir makes you indeed as evil and crazy as they are...blah...blah....blah
Bang Guy +1000

jerth6932

God didn't kill/stop the thousands in world trade center. Bin laden and his followers did. God didn't stop his rain of terror he placed upon the WORLD, SEALS DID! This isn't a god fearing debate, gods real 2 me. But some one needed to do somthing about him and the SEALS Did just that.
No one tells you how to celebrate his end. Sorry u do not agree with our pleasure in his pain. But a person who has caused chaos on earth for a very long time has been delt with.

darthtang aw

I'd like to know that myself. Do you have any idea how much havoc it would lay on his terrorist buddies if they though we were questioning him somewhere? It could be they didn't know he was unarmed until they took him out but I for one want to know what happened.

It was a kill order. President Obama was smart to issue this. What do we do with him after we capture him? Trial is not an option as it would be unfair...a jurry of peers might release him. We could hold him in gitmo for ever but then he would still be an influence for years to come........there are so many reasons not to capture him......I could go on and on.

bigarn

And now they are not going to release pictures of his body. We all want closure to this .. but if anyone deserves it, its the families of all his victims!

mantisman51

I'll take the criticism Flower. And I stand by the fact that bin Laden and his ilk are as worthless as cockroaches. Not all Muslims are 5th century throwbacks. But all of the bin Laden following Muslims are animals and should be killed as such. Is it a shame that they are so full of hate and unable to live in a civilized society? Sure, but they are not the same as us, just with a different religion. Do I hate bin Laden and the rabid dogs who cut off Daniel Pearl's head while he screamed for mercy? I do. And I want to see them and all who think like them dead and no longer a threat to civilization.
ECCLESIASTES 3.1-8
1. To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
2. A time to be born, And a time to die;
A time to plant, And a time to pluck up what is planted;
3. A time to kill, And a time to heal;
A time to break down, And a time to build up;
4. A time to weep, And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, And a time to dance;
5. A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather
stones;
A time to embrace
, And a time to refrain
from embracing;
6. A time to gain
, And a time to lose
;
A time to keep
, And a time to throw away
;
7. A time to tear,
And a time to sew;

A time to keep silence
, And a time to speak
;
8. A time to love,
And a time to hate
;
A time of war
, And a time of peace

darthtang aw

And now they are not going to release pictures of his body. We all want closure to this .. but if anyone deserves it, its the families of all his victims!
The media will make enough noise that pics will be released.......this pic is no different than the pics of torture the democrats wanted and got released...both incite......one brings closure however.....the other only embolden.

jerth6932

Obama said in the interview, "It is important for us to make sure that very graphic photos of somebody who was shot in the head are not floating around as an incitement to additional violence."
As per article in http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=15374888
IT is sad. They televised the whole 911 incident, allowing Bin Laden to RUB it in our faces. But when it comes down to our "release", they do not want to "Incite additional violence." Typical of government, but sad for our closure.

2quills

Just curious if anyone has seen or heard anything more about the dna evidence. We were told that our government has dna confirmation but I haven't heard anything about it on the news yet as to when or where the initial comparison sample came from. Was it a family member perhaps or did osama send us a sample of his own dna as a show of good gesture knowing that someday he would be killed and that people with questions would want to know?

bang guy

We have OBL DNA from when we hired him to fight the Soviet Army in Afganistan. RE: Operation Cyclone.

2quills

Interesting. I wasn't sure if they did or not, I know that was a long time ago.

U.S. Seeking DNA From Bin Laden's Kin

THE WORLD

Forensics: Sample would help determine if remains found in Afghanistan belong to Al Qaeda chief.

February 28, 2002|GREG MILLER | TIMES STAFF WRITER

The U.S. government renewed a request for DNA material from relatives of Osama bin Laden after a CIA missile struck a group of unidentified men in Afghanistan this month, a U.S. official said Wednesday.
In disclosing the request, the government acknowledged for the first time that it does not have a sample of DNA from a Bin Laden relative. Such a sample would be crucial to the United States' ability to determine whether the Al Qaeda leader was killed by that CIA strike or any other bombing raid in Afghanistan.

deejeff442

i was watching a news report .bin ladins 5th wife was the one that rushed the seals.they said she was a gift to him from a family and he married her when she was 15.another wife was one of his cousins.those are some screwed up people over there.they also said bin ladin didnt like for women to talk to him.i kinda get that one sometimes :O)

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/60#post_3381420
Interesting. I wasn't sure if they did or not, I know that was a long time ago.

U.S. Seeking DNA From Bin Laden's Kin

THE WORLD

Forensics: Sample would help determine if remains found in Afghanistan belong to Al Qaeda chief.

February 28, 2002|GREG MILLER | TIMES STAFF WRITER

The U.S. government renewed a request for DNA material from relatives of Osama bin Laden after a CIA missile struck a group of unidentified men in Afghanistan this month, a U.S. official said Wednesday.
In disclosing the request, the government acknowledged for the first time that it does not have a sample of DNA from a Bin Laden relative. Such a sample would be crucial to the United States' ability to determine whether the Al Qaeda leader was killed by that CIA strike or any other bombing raid in Afghanistan.

I do remember reading that. I'm sure there was an alterior motive behind the request. Seems people (my age) forget how closely we worked with him. The media rarely reminds us that we created him.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///forum/thread/385466/obama-to-address-nation/60#post_3381426
I do remember reading that. I'm sure there was an alterior motive behind the request. Seems people (my age) forget how closely we worked with him. The media rarely reminds us that we created him.
You know I was thinking about that earlier when the whole to celebrate or not to celebrate discussion was going on. In no way do I condone or trumpet the killing of innocent civilians by any means but sometimes we need to look at the situations or events that lead to what causes people like bin laden to become the people that they are, or were.