Recent content by robertmathern

1. robertmathern

Snake's 75g build thread

Lol I know how kids can be. I remember when my son was 2 and my plumbing on my 180 was the thin pvc. He took his toy hammer to it and cracked the pvc. Of course I was at work at the time. You should have heard the wifes phone call lol. Needless to say I had to redo my plumbing and went with the...
  2. robertmathern

Separate Refugium and Sump?

I did something similer on my old 180 gal. I used 2 big wet dry systems that I gutted. The first one I used to hold my skimmer with a baffle then a fuge with held chetao. Then I drilled and connected the second one with a 2" bulkhead (overkill). In the second one I had culpera in a second fuge...
  3. robertmathern

Give-up

I agree with Sep a hydrometer can be off quite a way. I find they work ok at first but start to drift away over time. For 50 bucks you can get a nice you and I happen to know a great place to get it from. Right here on SWF.com https://www.saltwaterfish.com/Refractometer_p_135.html
  4. robertmathern

Freakin' huge aiptasia

They lady at the LFS I go to all the time had a huge one she raised in a 180 reef tank. I never got out of control and never really stung any of her corals. There were a couple time a coral would drop on it and then yeah of course going to go to war. But this this stood about 8-10" inches tall...
  5. robertmathern

Snake's 75g build thread

Good to see you still in the hobby seth. I have been out of the hobby for quite a while. Finally broke down and got a 75 gallon. will be ordering parts for my build next week (when my christmas bonus comes in ;) ) Nicle thread and good looking tank
  6. robertmathern

AT A LOSS!!!!!!!!

Yep pretty sure it is your rock that is causing the problem not sure what is wrong with it but hey sometimes you dont have to know what the problem was just that you fixed it. Good luck hope it works out for you
  7. robertmathern

What the hell

No he was smart I will give him that. He put me on an recorded line after he said he whole speech on how I owe money so that he would have me taped saying I would settle and he could take the 500. I guess that would be legal in the end I would have gave him permission to do so. When reading up...
  8. robertmathern

What the hell

I get a call today from an indian guy that said his name was Danny Spencer (yeah). He said he was from some law center in cali and that I took a pay advance a few months ago from some Advance Cash Mutual and never paid. He is going to sue me but we could settle out of court for 500 bucks. I...
  9. robertmathern

Building my 150 Gallon U-shaped Room Divider Tank

Man if you got other fish in the tank. Do you have coral and inverts? if not I would do hypo to the entire tank
  10. robertmathern

AT A LOSS!!!!!!!!

What if it is online it must be true lol. No not everyone are a scam but you never know. Remember that little trick it works on sand and everything always better to be sure before it goes in to your tank :)
  11. robertmathern

AT A LOSS!!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by shabbajh I was actually surprised to find I had distilled white vinegar in the house. I broke of a piece that I knew to be an ebay rock, and one the was from a dead piece of coral rock. Both at which bulbed up in the vinegar the same. Neat trick! Thought you might...
  12. robertmathern

AT A LOSS!!!!!!!!

Do me a favor and try a little test. Take a piece of rock a break a piece off. Then get a small bowl and fill it with white distilled venegar. Take the piece of rock you broke off and smash it to powder (sand) and drop it into the bowl of venegar. See if it starts to fizz up like soda. The...
  13. robertmathern

JaxFishGirl's 75 Gallon

Nice you got skills with a camera thats for sure will have to get you to take pics of my tank lol. Sorry to hear about the torch but look on the bright side I can get you some frags of them if you want. You have seen mine
  14. robertmathern

Some questions...

I can remember the size hole you need but contact glassholes.com they have everything you need they sell kits for this
  15. robertmathern

sump pumps

Yep that and some live rock and you are all set