007's 22 Gallon

I thought this brain was a goner at this point . . . in fact several members of this board swore up and down, even at me that I didnt have enough light. Well . . . the pics speak for themselves.
Then:

I need something to fill in these spaces . . . any ideas? Top one is high light, high current; bottom one is moderate lighting with low to moderate current.
Any ideas?

maybe [another] clam in the lower spot? torch coral maybe? star polyps? a nice frag of zoos?
While I feel that my previous experience in this system with a clam was a success, at this time, I don't feel that this would be a good idea as for one the polyclad is still in there to the best of my knowledge, and I would like to wait until I can get halides. There are some zoo's nearby, so I dont really want to add more.
for the high up spot, maybe some pagoda cup or favites.
never really thought about a pagoda . . . . I always thought they were high lighting demand corals (halides)

katara

How about an umbrella for the top spot?Or a nicely colored finger leather.Nice looking tank btw.I really like your open brain,good job:cheer:

Originally posted by mnreefman
what is that?

That is a hydnophora . . . that pic is about 10 months old. It has since then grown quite a bit after it has spread its base out.
It rolled over a zoanthid once while cleaning the tank (i had to move it for a second) It only touched one polyp, that one was gone by the end of the day. The rest of the colony died less than a week later. Granted is was a very small colony of only about 6-7 polyps, never the less.
I have yet to see another hydno that is the same coloration as mine though. Although you cant see it in the pic, the "fingers are a crisp white color, with a BRIGHT green/blue color inbetween the ridges.

Y

yae4volcom

That is a really good looking tank if I might say so myself! I read somewhere that nudi-branches eat flatworms but I am not sure on this. As for the open spaces, you could try a pretty ricordia or hawwain feather duster. Once again, great tank!

thanks for the kind words all . . . I have not really put much thought into a ricordia. I have always in the past tried to avoid corals that tend to become nuisances such as GSP's and shrooms, which is why i am hesitant to get ricordia. Although they are much more attractive than standard shrooms. I HATE the striped shroom I have in there now . . .
I would REALLY like to have a toadstool in the upper spot. But I cant seem to find one that is small enough to fit there. For the other spot I have often thought of candy cane corals but I dont really know enough about them yet . . . .

jugger

Originally posted by 007
thanks for the kind words all . . . I have not really put much thought into a ricordia. I have always in the past tried to avoid corals that tend to become nuisances such as GSP's and shrooms, which is why i am hesitant to get ricordia. Although they are much more attractive than standard shrooms. I HATE the striped shroom I have in there now . . .
I would REALLY like to have a toadstool in the upper spot. But I cant seem to find one that is small enough to fit there. For the other spot I have often thought of candy cane corals but I dont really know enough about them yet . . . .

candys are easy and dont grow very fast..... but i love mine and feed it about every week