100g Volitan/Rhinopias tank build.

teds tank

I hope not to unshealth any of his spines. But he's 13-14" of love. They have black soft large scoopy koi nets. I hope they feel as soft as they claim when they come... I'll keep ya updated on that one.
I've always wondered how to move a lion I knew you can't use a net

fmarini

Ive used a large rectangular tupperware containers, essentially corralling said fish into it
alternatively you can use a net, just be cautious of the finnage,
Lastly, i will caution you- 1000x times over, if you read many of the stories of when people get stung by a lion- its when they are trying to move it or catch it. the fish is thrashing, and your hands/fingers are awfully close

cranberry

I'll have the hot water running........
I can't believe how big he has gotten. He was nowhere near this size 6 months ago.

cranberry

Me too! I really need to get the volitan out of the 60g so I can put some other fish in there. Right now I have zero QT tanks open. No matter how cool of a fish I see this weekend, I have absolutely nowhere to put it besides an uncycled tank.

cranberry

Second ammonia challenge: Ammonia = 0 and Nitrite = 0.
If nothing by next weekend I may but the volitan in... maybe.

S

shrimpy brains

Woohoo!!
Did you get the koi net yet?? Think it will work??

small triggers

I vote for some divers gloves and a quick grab, lol. Okay no really, so how soon you think the move is gonna happen??? Ive been patiently waiting (and for someone with ADHD that is VERY HARD) hhrrrmmm????

cranberry

It's going to have to be the net. Unless I can herd him into a container of some sort. But I don't know if a container big enough would fit through the top. We'll see.
My nerves are shot thinking about it.

rlablan

What about a five gallon bucket? like... a skinnier one or maybe like.... mod a pool net. use the frame and sew some like... silk fabric on or something??

cranberry

Sometimes the softer nets are not necessarily better because they can get the spines caught easier.
I won't be able to get a bucket in there of any sort. The problem is any hard container they can fit in there won't be big enough for the lion.
There is a pricey koi net that seems to look good. I bet I'll end up getting that. I'll have the hot water running...