10k vs 14k vs 20k pics

J

jrthomas40

I am in the process of looking for some new bulbs and i would like to see some pics of everyones tank that have 10ks, 14k, 20k...when you post please list the type of bulb and manufacturer

digitydash

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
I am in the process of looking for some new bulbs and i would like to see some pics of everyones tank that have 10ks, 14k, 20k...when you post please list the type of bulb and manufacturer
1st pic is 20k 2nd is 10k hamiltons

zoo28

Originally Posted by travis99
the bigger the number the more blue
it will be.
More white

nick76

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
most people mix 20k and 10k which makes for a good color spectrum of light.

J

jrthomas40

i know about the degrees kelvin and i know about mixing them...i only have 2 hqi spots so i think it wouldnt mix quite right in my setup...so i just wanted to see some pics of folks using 10k, 14k and 20k....i am looking at getting the 14k phoenix so i just wanted to see some other folks tanks with different bulbs

digitydash

I will have a 14k next week it was broke in shipping last week just been looking at all the bulbs to see what I like better.So another pic will be coming

deltablack22

Originally Posted by speeddemonlsr
lets see some 14k mh pics.
I think Azfishgal uses 14K MH's. Check out her thread if she doesnt chime in here...

J

jrthomas40

lets hope she chimes in soon...i would like to see it...show them ALL...everyone play the game....i dont have any pics of mine when they were on...but now they are out and i am looking for new ones as some may know hence the reason of the thread :)

kevin34

Azaintcold, do you have any tips for keeping a powder blue? Would one be ok in a 125 along with a powder brown?