120 Build thread

nigerbang

Originally Posted by Markw
http:///forum/post/3121794
Beautiful tank! Whats the yellow slug-looking thing 8th pic down on post 74?
Mark
A frag of what I believe is Green Slimer... Color is a tad off.. I hate my camera and its not fond of me...

spanko

Vortechs rule, have a MP10 on my 29 biocube and love it. Tank is looking great. Your rocks are incredible. Did you order them online or pic them out. Sorry if you said this earlier. That looks like a pretty large shadow in the middle of the tank. Is the brace that wide?

noah's nemo

Looks good.I actually kinda like that shodow in the middle.Gives it a deep sea kinda feel to it.Coralline looks good too.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3122438
Vortechs rule, have a MP10 on my 29 biocube and love it. Tank is looking great. Your rocks are incredible. Did you order them online or pic them out. Sorry if you said this earlier. That looks like a pretty large shadow in the middle of the tank. Is the brace that wide?
The rock has been with me through about 6 tank jumps.. Its been with me for about 4-5 years..
The shadow that its creating doesnt even look like that.. I think it was an issue of the back wall being deeper and black right there so it looks that bad.. there is a shadow but no where near what the picture depicts.. You can look at the sand in the middle and you will notice that its not shaded..

bulldog123

Originally Posted by NigerBang
http:///forum/post/2949487
nothing huh... this it why I stopped posting here in the 1st place...Everyone in there little cliques
Thats some funny sh*t
BTW the tank looks great. Man I wish we had local frag/reef clubs here, you have picked up some cool stuff. But as we talked before these tanks are second to our bulldogs. There must be a handfull or two of us owners on here.

nigerbang

LoL.. Yeah the boss of the house is laying on the other side of the couch shaking the walls with her snoring! Good for us that as she has gotten older her skull has got wider so its not as bad as before but still a bulldog snore..
As far as local clubs go I think ours is either the largest or one of the largest in the country.. We have LOTS of members and most are really nice and are always down to trade or let nice stuff go for next to nothing..

bulldog123

Yea thats funny both of mine sleep at the foot of my bed on their own beds. It sounds like a freight train is going by the house. If someone broke in I dont think I would hear them or would the dogs.

markw

Im pretty sure yours is the largest in the country. Dont hold me to it though. I would love it if I had one here too. Truthfully, I dont know if there is one. I wouldnt know where to start looking for one. Lucky you. Great tank, corals, and reef club!

Mark

J

jetskiking

Originally Posted by NigerBang
http:///forum/post/3124277
Perhaps we are.. around 650 paid members and 3500 other "users"
Yes, the push earlier this year with free stuff to paying members was to ensure that.

nigerbang

No doubt... With the implamation of Google ads for those "Non-believers" will either super boost it more or wane usage... and a possible Classifieds for Members only (seperate from the other) will have an effect also...
Anywho...
Been running the mp40 in Reefcrest mode for the past few days to see what I thought about it..Before making to choice of mode I want... Its intresting because it will go from 100% to 70% to 40% to 90% to 50%..(not exactly just random figures) cant understand using a pump that has as much potential as this does to stay under 75% most of the time.. So plans for today is releveling the sand(lol) and work on Short Pulse wave mode..
Ran like that for a few hours the other day.. had it ramping to 100% every 1.5-2 seconds with no monster splash over the side or anything..The major drawback of that thus far is the undertow moving ALOT of sand around.. So Im going to work on a happy medium today.. Wish the knob had increments that way you could kinda eyeball it in first...

bulldog123

Isnt the mp40 the best thing since sliced bread. I run the 54g mp40 on short pulse and the 120g on reef crest. Its just fun changing them around. The movement you get out of the coral is just sweet. How high from the top of the water do you have yours because I dont have any problem with my sand?