125 Predator Build

ironeagle2006

I get my SFE this weekend hopefully it will leave my 2 damsels I have in there alone LOL I could care less on those 2 I keep hoping my Huma Huma will decide to make a snack of them.

A

arlene1995

Originally Posted by Lawny
http:///forum/post/2689517
Looks good. Love your eel.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006

http:///forum/post/2689612
I get my SFE this weekend hopefully it will leave my 2 damsels I have in there alone LOL I could care less on those 2 I keep hoping my Huma Huma will decide to make a snack of them.
LOL, I know how it is.

A

arlene1995

I put my Javanese Damsel in and he is quite reclusive so no pictures of him...
I also went to my LFS and picked up two intake strainers for the overflows. My light did not come in as their supplier is still out of stock... maybe next week.
I am thinking maybe a trigger for the tank rather than the Sailfin, since they are more aggressive.
Updates following!

A

arlene1995

Since I have gotten my intake strainers, I have noticed that my overflow box levels are considerably higher. I have devised a plan that uses only one of my pumps. The output of the pump will just run both of the returns rather than just one side.

A

arlene1995

Just thought that I'd let the people following my thread know that I have had my Fimbriated Eel for 10 months as of today!!!!
I still remember that rainy September 18th of last year when my Dad came home with the eel...

b_clark711

Originally Posted by Arlene1995
http:///forum/post/2690670
Since I have gotten my intake strainers, I have noticed that my overflow box levels are considerably higher. I have devised a plan that uses only one of my pumps. The output of the pump will just run both of the returns rather than just one side.

Good idea! That's the way my wet/dry is setup. If I had another return pump, my clowns would be pinned to the front of the glass! LOL It's hilarious, they LOVE to swim in front of the return, and it pumps about 1000 gph so when they cross in front, needless to say, their path gets altered.

A

arlene1995

Thanks!
My clowns love to go in the current as well. Granted that they are only in a 29 gallon Nano, they still have fun. My Porcupine Puffer tries to go against my 917gph pump, too! He isn't the fastest swimmer so when he tries to go throw the flow, he bbbaaarrreeelllyyy moves. It is so funny to watch!

A

arlene1995

Tested the water today...
Ammonia - 0.25ppm
Nitrite - 0.5ppm
Since I'm not going to get any fish for a while, I'm going to change the filtration and I'm going to add Live Rock. Updates following!
Filtration:

A

arlene1995

Hi!
I need one more fish! My current stocklist is:
  • Fimbriated Eel - 16"+
  • Pinfish
  • Javanese Damsel
    Porcupine Puffer
    Emporer Snapper
I plan to find a new home for the Emporer Snapper when he gets around 12" long. Any suggestions for a fish that would be compatable and would be STUNNING? I like the Lyretail Hogfish and Queen/Emporer Angels, but am not sure of all their needs... Thanks!

A

arlene1995

Well, I went to my LFS today and to my pleasant surprise, my light came in!
On the left is the new 10,000K bulb and on the right is the 12,000K bulb. If you look close, you can tell. Enjoy!

A

arlene1995

I am glad to announce that my Nitrite and Ammonia levels have finally bottomed out at zero!!!!
Now, all I need is a trip to my LFS and that'll change. LOL. I'm thinking one more fish, so we'll see in the next couple of weeks what I'll come home with...

A

arlene1995

Well, I am going to add my Snowflake Eel. A light for my 55 gallon tank (which it currently resides in) will be here soon (I hope) so that I can convert it to a reef!
So, this means that I will be transferring my Snowflake and hoping for the best. I will add a second pipe for the Snowflake in order to try and help prevent a fight. I'll keep updating as needed!

A

arlene1995

Hi!
Well, I just put in my Snowflake Eel. As soon as he went in, he proceeded to go directly into the pipe where the Fimbriated Eel lurked.
After a poof of dust and a jolt from the SFE, the Fimbriated Eel came out that end and the SFE came out the other. Now, the Fimbriated Eel is somewhere in the network of piping. It is as though he is VERY suprised.
The SFE has taken over the back exit of the piping where the Fimbriated Eel hangs out. I'm holding out for now. Updates will be posted as needed!

A

arlene1995

I just checked on them and the Fimby is back where he usually is and the SFE is in the giant heap of rocks on the left side of the tank. He has been there for the past couple hours. At points the Fimby and the SFE were both in the pipe with their tails in the T and their heads at opposite exits. So far, everything looks good.