125 tank diary

small triggers

i wouldnt,,,,, because when you fill it, the first place glass breaksis the weakest point, which would be the middle if you take out the crossbrace, you could swap it out for a thinner on possibly made out of acrylic. thats why i used a 29 and a seperate 20, no cross braces...

ca161406

^thats what i was kinda thinking about doing so it wouldnt be quite as wide for more space to work. but if my skimmer fits with it there i might just leave it lol.
pictures:
IT ACTUALLY WORKED
hahaha

And the tank with the canopy half done. i have a crazy idea for mounting the lights which may be done. if that dont work ill just mount them to the lids(which will be stained in the redish color to match the doors)

kind of a glare but o well
what yeal think so far?

ilovemytank

Can you take a close up picture of where your intake hoses go into the sump. I'm trying to see how you did that. Thanks.

ca161406

Originally Posted by Ilovemytank
http:///forum/post/2764871
Can you take a close up picture of where your intake hoses go into the sump. I'm trying to see how you did that. Thanks.
Here ya go:

Pretty much 2 90* elbows threaded into a plastic (what looks like a cutting board) square sat on top of a filter pad sat on top of a piece of egg crate that was cut to fit which is held up by 4 nylon spacers si'd to the tank and divider. the water lvl is about 2inches below the egg crate. hope this helps

opps forgot to add that the plastic square is held in place by the lip/rim on the top of the sump tank

ca161406

Got it n the sump. I need to remove the door stop for easier access.

Sump full shot. Ima put about 25lbs of LR in there

planning on moving it in the house this weekend
Feedback?

masterid

Whatever you are wishing looks good.
I would suggest you either paint everything with blue or black. I would go with the octopus. I have 125g tank in my lounge.

-tara33-

what is a spambot exactly, or spam in general i must sound like a complete idiot cos everyone seems to know what it is exept me.

ca161406

here we go, its up in my room. i gotta finish the plumbing and then fill her up and start the cycle. im getting about 60lbs of sand, 70lbs of base rock and about 15lbs or LR to seed it. while its cycling ill finish the lights and auto top off system

ca161406

is egg crate a good material to eel proof holes? i was thinking to cut it and SI it over the openings on the back. ill post some pictures in a lil while of what im talking about. but any ideas would be appreciated :) or even pics of what yeal have done. im just concerned a small eel might be able to slip through the squares on the egg crate

A

arlene1995

If it is the bulkhead openings that you are concerned about, I would just buy (for like $3) a couple of the intake strainers for whatever size you have. I use them on my 125 and have had no problems yet. The only disadvantage is that it kinda restricts the flow a little. I actually had my SFE - about a foot long - get in the overflow box. The strainer worked fine. HTH!

ca161406

actually its the openings on the back where if a power filter was being used, would go. i just replaced the strainers about a week ago. its odd there's no overflow box, just the inlets...pics up shortly
^lol i think i seen that pic of the eel taking a dive in the overflow boxs haha

A

arlene1995

Ok. I'll have to see the pictures.
LOL. You probably have. It is in my 125 thread.... I think you posted in that so yeah!

ca161406

The openings, and the crate cut to fit. either going 2 SI of zip tie it on. not sure though

And the strainers on one of the 2 overflows. i modded it by cutting out a few bars on each size, it actually did make more flow. and the air tube sticking out is to stop the slurping sound...dont mind the water spots haha. it was running with hose water so i knew it didnt leak