125 tank diary

A

arlene1995

Neat!! Love the Brain and Zoos! Plus the SFE and Bicolor look great!

ca161406

thanks a lot! everything is doing really well, except the bicolor still isnt eating

diatoms are almost all gone which is quite surprising haha
and the LMB is taking care of the hair algae really nice

anyways, fts's and a video uploading right now

oh yeah..i made a frag rack and fragged my brown zoas because some of them were growing into unlit areas and not opening

A

arlene1995

Looks great and love the rockwork!!!
I sent you a friend invite on there...

ca161406

well well, a lot has gone on sense the last post.
got a chocolate blue spot toby and a rosy red hawk. both are doing well except the toby and trigger fight every so often. also got a skunk clown that beats up the trigger haha, gonna get him a buddy soon though.
got a free busted up porc, which died the next day :( i think he was just starved to death. when i tried feeding him he took one bite and thats it.
and my LTPC started to loose tissue and eventually died
but everything else is glowing and growing

ill get pics asap

ca161406

Humu

New Chocolate Blue Dot Toby

yuup, still having a hair algae prob. gonna get a new rodi unit and possibly a phosphate reactor depending on how things go
none of the corals have been picked on by any of the fish yet
so im going to add more corals and probably some base rock also
stocklist:
2 GSPs
Humu Trigger
SFE
LMB
Skunk Clown
Lyretail Hawkfish
Chocolate Blue Dot Toby
i want to add a second skunk clown and a smaller tang, i was thinking a orange shoulder or LT tang. but not sure yet.
a few azure damsels and when i get the fuge a manderin(already have toons of pods, but want to just be safe). then just add corals and such.
any suggestions? comments?

A

arlene1995

I love that Toby!!! Whenever I upgrade that will for sure be on my list of must-haves... How big is he?

ca161406

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/2954696
Your humu humu is leaving your soft corals alone? Everything is looking gorgeous!
yup, doesn't bother any of my corals at all. leaves the LPS alone also
haha thanks, i think he's awesome too. hes about 3" if i had to guess. i haven't found anything on the chocolate blue dots, maybe yeal can help. all that i find online are the normal ones. this one has more blue lines in the face, and has a deep brown color. just trying to actually id the thing lol

ca161406

not much has gone on with the tank except almost all the hair algae is gone, but im starting to get bad cyno so im geting a new RODI unit. i found a 75gpd unit for 130 and researched it and it seems pretty solid.
stock list remains the same as of now, looking for a few more fish to go with.
i know i want a bluehead wrasse but im trying to decide if i want a purple or a powder blue tang

also i would like 1 more fish after that to finish off the stock list. just not sure of what. maybe a small angel or something.
thoughts/ opinions?

A

arlene1995

Congrats on getting rid of the HA... I have just done the same in my reef!
I'd get the purple if you can find one.... Love them things...
Tank looks great and I'd suggest that you get a Toadfish, but I fear that a few fish on your list wouldn't make it.... So I guess that's kinda outta the question...

ca161406

well this friday i plan to start refurb my tank. i just ordered my RODI. cyno is almost gone by itself but HA is coming back. i went through a weird phase with a bunch of deaths :(
i lost my toby and hawkfish. as well as my green plate coral. not sure of why but they all passed.
im planning on getting maybe 45lbs more rock so i can have more place for coral. im going to start coraling up once the algae is all gone again. so the new unit will hopefully take care of it.
my stocklist is now
2 GSPs
1 Humu
1 Skunk Clown
1 SFE
im going to make a fish purchase on fri as well.
like before im thinking the bluehead wrasse, another skunk clown and now a Lt tang for this purchase
should i get a larger or smaller clown than what i have now for best pairing results?

ca161406

weeeeell its been a while. a lot has changed in the tank and hopefully a mod can move it to the reef section.
but here's some pics!
FTS With Actinics

Cool shot

Rusty Angel

Saddle Clown hosting shrooms