12g nano cube help

psycho

hey how did u put your azoo light on the back? do you have it under the lid? ... becuse with my lid on I have no where to hang it unless I use the divider part from the inside of tank where it seperaes the filter area from the front of the tank.
is that safe and is the light water proof enough to put it like that?

nano-newb1983

i used the light when i didnt have hood on.. all you really need back there is a Submersible LED light, that will be enough for the cheato
im pretty sure azoo makes one, google it lol, we can post links to other sites on here

psycho

ok well its been a few months but I wanted to take some new pics of the nano and show what ive done so far and also some updates. I added more rock and also some mushrooms, also my leather has gotten bigger, zoos have spread to a near by rock, I got the candy cane coral, and purple mushroom yesterday, they look like they are doing fine for now, until my new light comes tomorrow! with the weekly water changes water checks have been great! also the coraline has really grown fast and has spread on to the back wall which I like the look of! :) also the light Im getting tomorrow as an early christmas present is a metal halide light from jbj after reading the reviews and talking to a few people on here that have them, the only major draw back is the henge that jbj used to keep the light attached ontop of the tank is a little flemsy, but with the help of 2 "C" clamps it will be as good as new, and for the price of the 150w hqi I decided thats the one I wanted for only a few dollars more then the 75w. also the light is adjustable so should be ok, i'll have to get a screen to go overtop of my nano to help break my corals in with the change of more light, also probably would be a bad idea to cut the time back some on the cycle for the light as well. also this light will be good for sps corals and if i ever wanted to upgrade to a 28g I think the light would also be sufficent for that size tank too. hope yall like the new pics enjoy!!

psycho

so can anyone give me an idea as to how long to leave the screen on top of the tank until the corals have had time to adjust from pc lighting to hqi? ... and also how long would be suggested to leave the light on to start with? ... thanks for any ideas and opinions.
thank you meowzer!