150 reef from start to finish

fish-man-t

I have just added another tank to the house. It's a 150 gal treasure chest. I just set it up and started the cycle last friday. I will add pics and comments whenever I add something to the tank. I hope this will be a long running post. I will add pics in a few min. All are welcome to talk with me. After all, this is only my 2nd reef tank ever.

joncat24

nice tank,,,but you better put a background on it or cover that window, or else you are gonna have crazy mad algae...Just My opinion

hot883

bubblers are not good as they (small bubbles) attach to the fish gills and they sufficate I heard. Just my thoughts, be open ok; take the crushed coral out and also no cycling with fish. Just my opinions.

fish-man-t

Originally Posted by hot883
bubblers are not good as they (small bubbles) attach to the fish gills and they sufficate I heard. Just my thoughts, be open ok; take the crushed coral out and also no cycling with fish. Just my opinions.

take the crushed coral out and also no cycling with fish?????????????????????????????????????????????
You are joking right ???? plz tell me y?????

scarface

what hot883 probably ment was to take out the crush coral and use live sand..and to cycle use a piece of shrimp, this way there is no potential in killing a live animal

E

emeralcrab

I love your tank, did someone make it? Lot nicer with back ground. The more live rock you put in the faster it will cycle. I always use live rock and sand and have never (so far anyway) had high ammonia, trite or trates in a new tank. Learned my lesson using well water, now I only use RO. Good luck.

fish-man-t

Originally Posted by EmeralCrab
I love your tank, did someone make it? Lot nicer with back ground. The more live rock you put in the faster it will cycle. I always use live rock and sand and have never (so far anyway) had high ammonia, trite or trates in a new tank. Learned my lesson using well water, now I only use RO. Good luck.

Believe it or not i bought it used for $600 :)

fish-man-t

just a 3 gallon canister filter that sits on the ground under tank not sure of the name. i would love to put in a nice filter but my tank has no holes drilled for it